Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,443 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I remember when they started concerts again, watching Joe, thinking that he doesn't have a buddy to have fun onstage with anymore. I'm sure they are all enjoying themselves, but no cutting up, joking with each other, dancing around. Having someone else sing Glenn's songs (even if they sounded exactly like him) doesn't even begin to replace what they have lost.
    No warm, gregarious host sets the stage for concert goers, interacts with all band members, or introduces backup musicians and lets them share applause. Glenn kept a watchful eye on all proceedings, signaled musicians or even the orchestra when necessary, and filled in with humor when there were technical issues. He told the familiar jokes everyone laughed and groaned at. He added spark with a wink, a grin, a funny face. It was his band.
    Although they may sound good, it's the Muzak version. They didn't just lose a voice. "Elvis has left the building", and their Leader is gone.
    I miss Timothy walking around the stage too. Standing next to Joe and the faces they made, or standing next to Steuart while he played the guitar solo in Tim's solo. Too many people on the stage now. I also don' care for the full orchestra, I think it takes away from the band.
    As for Deacon, I think he's great kid and singing his Dad's songs has to be hard on him. It seems he was more Glenn's son and not Deacon. Going from singing at his Dad's Memorial to touring for months had to be hard on him plus the age difference. Maybe he wants some people his own age to be around at times. I think he has learned a lot about playing on stage and touring and he really stepped up. I hope he continues in music but at his own pace and singing what he wants to sing, he's very good.
    I do think Joe really misses Glenn in fact when he plays Take it to the Limit in his solo shows you can see him wipeing away a tear or two.
    Didn't the Eagles say they will play at the opening of Irving's new stadium in Coachella in August? or when ever it opens. You know Joe wouldn't say that without Don's approval. I'm sure Don and Irving discussed it.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I see no other Eagle doing this with Joe!
    Haha I love that. There is no denying those two had a friendship that lasted through the hardest times of the band, during the breakup, and until Glenn's dying day. There is no doubt in my mind that they stayed close, long after he separated from Don Henley and Don Felder in 1980.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I love that picture of Glenn and Joe. The expression on Glenn's face is hilarious even though it's not "funny" at all!