Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

In the latest "Vince Gill ticks me off" volume #140, here he is discussing the "negative comments" by those of us against the Eagles continuation and those of us against him in the band.

He says around 19:45 in the video: "The other option is not possible", in reference to him singing those songs and that Glenn cannot any more. As if to infer that he is the only choice that Eagles fans have.

I'm sorry Vince but you chose to not mention or intentionally obscure the third option here. NO MORE EAGLES!!! Funny how you neglect to present that option. The morally and ethically right option, btw! And that's not to even mention that Vince is inferring that he is the only choice we have as a replacement too. Some see this humble jovial guy. I see a covert sneakiness that reeks of arrogance, albeit subtly. Even if that wasn't what he meant, he should have thought that through a little more and realize how it would come off. It wasn't exactly humble, IMO. Personally, the only "option" I was/am interested in is NO EAGLES. It also reeks of "hey, I don't want to do this but I'll take one for the team since I am "the one"."

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

"I don't wanna hear me sing New Kid In Town". Then by all means do not sing it. I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    "I don't wanna hear me sing New Kid In Town". Then by all means do not sing it. I'm ok with that.
    Exactly Chaim.

Then save the world the misery of hearing it and, well, don't!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Totally agree with both of you. Relieve yourself of the agony, Vince. Courtesy of the overly-critical internet crowd.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Amen!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I want to throw in my two cents. I haven't kept up with the band much over the past few years because I firmly belong in the "No Glenn, No Eagles" camp. I saw no point in keeping track of the band because to do so, to me, is to acknowledge that the "Ea$les" ($ on purpose) still do exist. However, curiosity got the better of me.

I've spent the past few days reading through this thread. I've lost allot of respect for Don Henley and Vince Gill in doing so (not a VG fan, but I thought the guy was very charming). I honestly did not even know about the world tour in 2019. I looked on the band's website because I thought that, maybe, with covid-19, they'd put the kebash on touring. I should've known better and realized that wasn't the case.

I don't mind tribute bands or even bands carrying on or regrouping after a member leaves. However, to me, it is an entirely different matter when the leader of the band passes away. When that happened, the band should quit referring to themselves by the band name, as that band no longer exists, especially in a band that has been around for 45 years. Each subsequent tour tarnishes the legacy Glenn and the band built, imo.

I now understand how some Lynyrd Skynyrd fans feel about the reformation of the band after the plane crash. Ronnie Van Zant was the band, in many ways, and even though his little brother took over, it still wasn't right to some fans. It's the same way with Glenn being replaced by his son, Deacon, and Vince Gill.

Also, on the mobile site, the memorial link tribute to Glenn is on the very bottom of the page. I had to search for it. This, to me, is another travesty against the memory and legacy of Glenn Frey and the band he created.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I've finally deadened my heart to it. They're out there not being the Eagles and they're not going to stop so as long as people are buying tickets and it's not going to stop hurting to see it, so I just have to stop thinking about it. I just started turning away.

However, if someone asks me about it... I let my opinion be known.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

"It is what it is."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I accept that what the band chooses to do is out of my control; however, I will never accept that they are doing the right thing. But, I don't stress over what I can't control.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I accept that what the band chooses to do is out of my control; however, I will never accept that they are doing the right thing. But, I don't stress over what I can't control.
    Amen Dreamer ! We are not going to change anything and IMHO there are more important things to worry about.