Page 129 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I have to agree with almost everything in Soda's post. As I've said many times, Don, Joe, and Tim are all grown men and if any one of them had been unwilling to do this, I don't believe it would have happened. The only pass I would give Joe or Tim is if they had been contractually obligated to participate, which is doubtful.

I wonder if we will ever know why Bernie didn't join them for the "third act"?

I also agree with Soda that it is ridiculous to call this the "third act" and put it on the same level as the first two. I also don't believe that their income is on the same level. Yeah - they are still selling out venues, but let's not forget, they are not playing nearly as many shows as previous tours. They are carefully choosing targeted cities where they are sure to sell tickets, but have cut back on the number of dates so that those who wish to see them have less to choose from. So, I do think there is more financial impact than we may realize. Of course, they can thinly disguise any negative impact with clever rhetoric, marketing, and higher ticket prices.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'll probably respond to this article in more detail tomorrow but let me say one thing clearly:

Don Henley infuriates me!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...enn-frey-band/

Just a heads up, it's not going to be taken well by those of us who don't like this new band. His comments are really irritating me right now. He's a great artist, writer, and singer, but as a person I find I like him less and less. I'm probably alone in that but he really just grinds my gears. And not just concerning 3.0 but a lot of his comments, statements, and attitudes over the years. I wouldn't want to meet the guy.

"I thought that was a great idea but it wasn't enough", Henley says "Glenn would be there in spirit but I told our manager, we need the blood" Just kidding...

Now seriously, my favorite Eagles are the ones of the seventies: young, handsome, on top. And then because of Glenn Frey and Don Felder, and then because of Glenn Frey and then...
    Last edited by takeiteasy; 01-03-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I also agree with Soda that it is ridiculous to call this the "third act" and put it on the same level as the first two. I also don't believe that their income is on the same level. Yeah - they are still selling out venues, but let's not forget, they are not playing nearly as many shows as previous tours. They are carefully choosing targeted cities where they are sure to sell tickets, but have cut back on the number of dates so that those who wish to see them have less to choose from. So, I do think there is more financial impact than we may realize. Of course, they can thinly disguise any negative impact with clever rhetoric, marketing, and higher ticket prices.
    Amen Dreamer.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'll probably respond to this article in more detail tomorrow but let me say one thing clearly:

Don Henley infuriates me!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...enn-frey-band/

Just a heads up, it's not going to be taken well by those of us who don't like this new band. His comments are really irritating me right now. He's a great artist, writer, and singer, but as a person I find I like him less and less. I'm probably alone in that but he really just grinds my gears. And not just concerning 3.0 but a lot of his comments, statements, and attitudes over the years. I wouldn't want to meet the guy.

I feel the same way about Henley, even though I didn't read the UK article. He's an egotistical, airheaded smart***, IMO, who let the almighty dollar get in the way of his friendship and respect for Glenn.

If I had been Deacon, and someone like Don would have come to me with a proposal that would make me rich for probably the rest of my life, I would have said, "HELL, NO! Especially not at the expense of the memory of my father!"

(And, I hope that everyone understands that I'm only voicing my opinion.....I've never seen the Eagles in person (both the original band before and after the breakup and reformation. If I had had a choice, I would have chose to have seen them in the mid-1990s when the original members were still there - including Felder).

(I do not look at this new bunch of guys as being "The Eagles" (even though I'm a huge VG fan, I think he should have declined the offer to join the band but....I guess his popularity in country music is dwindling since he's over 60 now).

Stuck on the Border

I hadn't read that interview until now. Don said the usual stuff. Again I was most disappointed by Timothy.

Question: "How difficult was it for them to get back together?"

"Song-wise and playing, it was like riding a bike,” offers Schmit.

For the first time ever Glenn wasn't there, but musically the getting back together after his death was just like riding a bicycle. No big adjustments, no big deal.

Stuck on the Border

Seems to me that Timothy has never even tried to be anything but indifferent about Glenn's passing in public.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Seems to me that Timothy has never even tried to be anything but indifferent about Glenn's passing in public.
    Absolutely, chaim.

Which upsets me as when Tim joined the Eagles, Glenn went to bat for him when certain people had doubts (for those unaware, this is discussed in the HOTE doc).

I think out of all of them, I really didn't hear much out of Timothy. Again, disappointing to say the least.

But I think he was one to just go with the flow when it came to band stuff, he just showed up when he was told and that was that. I think he probably wasn't one to ruffle feathers at all. He wasn't outspoken like Glenn and Don were, or even Felder and Joe. I don't know how that translates to his public response after Glenn's passing but it's something to consider I guess. I don't think he was much for the limelight really.

Maybe he doesn't realize how that comment would come across but it's upsetting nevertheless.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

That theory has crossed my mind too. It's possible.

I'm used to hearing realistic and down-to-earth (in other words no phony hype) comments from Timothy. I guess I was expecting something like "there were some obvious musical challenges" instead of "like riding a bicycle" from him.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    He seemed to me to be the most keen for the Eagles to get back together. Don initially said it wouldn't happen; Joe initially said maybe they could get together as an "Eagles Friends and Family" but not tour under the Eagles moniker. In other words, both initially were reticent to go back to "business as usual" without Glenn.

All except Timothy.

Timothy wanted to go back to full-on touring as the Eagles as soon as the possibility was hinted at. I don't think he's ever been the least bit hesitant because he doesn't want anything to get in the way of it happening.

I don't think it's anything personal. I think it's simply because unlike Joe and Don, he can't make nearly as much money touring solo. He needs Eagles cash more than they do.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He seemed to me to be the most keen for the Eagles to get back together. Don initially said it wouldn't happen; Joe initially said maybe they could get together as an "Eagles Friends and Family" but not tour under the Eagles moniker. In other words, both initially were reticent to go back to "business as usual" without Glenn.

All except Timothy.

I don't think he's every been the least bit negative because he doesn't want anything to get in the way of them going back to full-on touring as the Eagles.

I don't think it's anything personal. I think it's simply because unlike Joe and Don, he can't make nearly as much money touring solo. He needs Eagles cash more than they do.
    In HOTE, when the documentary is focusing on the Travis Tritt video of "Take It Easy", Timothy is the one saying something like, "C'mon guys, let's do this." I think you have some very good points, soda. I agree with your assessment.