Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, she's down with it. I'm not surprised either. Lots of moms want their kid to have the easiest road possible when it comes to their career path.
    Ouch. How about giving her the benefit of the doubt that she might've actually meant what she said.

I'll be honest I wasn't keen on the idea of a tour as much as many here and didn't even go see them when they came through town a couple months back but after reading Cindy's comments I thought who am I to say what is right for Glenn's wife, son and daughter to do? Who do I think I am?

Who better to know what Glenn would've wanted than his wife and kids? Like it or not we're not family. We're fans who think we know what they think and feel. How pompous.

Read again what she said. If it's healing for them I wish them all the best and am thrilled that Deacon has this wonderful opportunity.

Quote:

"It's hard to get beyond the sad part of, the longing of missing Glenn. But in a deep sort of weird way, it’s a way of healing and living through grief for our family Frey said in an interview with The Associated Press.

“It’s a family reunion for all of us and we’re all doing it together. I don’t know that there’d be anything else we could do that’d make us move through our grief in this way. As painful as it is at times, it’s also deeply healing and comforting. It sort of makes us feel closer.”

“Like, somehow we’re holding him even closer in some sort of strange weird way,” she continued.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

This thread was created so we wouldn't have to deal with people like you coming in here and calling us "pompous" and telling us how terrible we are for being against this.

You're happy? Great. Go celebrate somewhere else.

This thread is For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles.

ETA: Where was the copy editor for that piece? Asleep on the job?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Are the "local" numbers always sung by Don and Vince?

To be fair there have only been two (to date). I don't know who sung Tulsa Time. I believe Walking To New Orleans was sung by Henley, Walsh & Schmit, one verse each.

ETA: Apparently Gill sang Tulsa Time, because he's from the state.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I don't remember which interview it was, but he said that he sent a message through his management, offering his services (not his literal words). I think he also said that he didn't do it seriously and wasn't expecting anything. Someone please correct me if my recollection is incorrect.
    I had not heard that. I'd assumed Don had called Vince. Wow. What presumption, not to mention a lack of respect. "Hey, not sure if you're going to put the Eagles back together, but just in case, I think I'd make a great replacement for Glenn Frey!"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I like them doing a song for each city too. I would have liked it prior to Glenn's death as well. I think it is a clever idea whoever thought of it. I'm hoping that at the Sacremento show Timothy will get to sing his song "White Boy From Sacremento" but I doubt that will happen. So much has changed.............The absence of Glenn's leadership is definitely noticeable.
    Having 'clever' ideas has never extended to letting Timothy Schmit sing a song of his own.

Imagine... if they came down here they could cover Men At Work's Down Under. How nice that would be.

I mean where does it end. This isn't about innovation. It's about desperation. I would also argue that doing these cover versions is pushing Glenn's legacy even further into the background.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-06-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This thread was created so we wouldn't have to deal with people like you coming in here and calling us "pompous" and telling us how terrible we are for being against this.

You're happy? Great. Go celebrate somewhere else.

This thread is For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles.

ETA: Where was the copy editor for that piece? Asleep on the job?
    Well said. Please leave LBE.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Having 'clever' ideas has never extended to letting Timothy Schmit sing a song of his own.

Imagine... if they came down here they could cover Men At Work's Down Under. How nice that would be.

I mean where does it end. This isn't about innovation. It's about desperation. I would also argue that doing these cover versions is pushing Glenn's legacy even further into the background.
    Very good question ... Where does it end?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Bat Ears View Post
    Who better to know what Glenn would've wanted than his wife and kids? Like it or not we're not family. We're fans who think we know what they think and feel. How pompous.
    I completely disagree, LBE.

In fact, I think it's ridiculous that you are insinuating that it's "pompous" and it's borderline offensive honestly. We are allowed our thoughts here, and we are entitled to them. If you disagree, go join in one of the tour threads or anticipation threads where you can go celebrate with like-minded people and leave us alone.

The family could have been tempted and manipulated by the money on the table AND as Soda said, an easy (too easy IMO) path for Deacon to take. And who's to say if Glenn even voiced his thoughts to them. Or maybe he would be rolling in his grave after seeing what has taken place. Maybe they should have thought about it longer and given it some more time. And maybe they should have told Irving Azoff and Donald Henley to forget it. Or at least not apparently jumping at the chance to make lots of money off their husband's/dad's name and offer a cheapened experience that waters down the Eagles name and charge the same or more money for the said cheapened borderline-fradulent show. To me this all reeks of the temptation of $ overtaking doing what's right or just thinking clearly.

So if you don't like our posts here, there are other threads in which you can enjoy the new "Eagles" or maybe start your own "New Eagles" fan message board.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Look, I don't want to be harsh. I know they are hurting and I feel bad for them. I hope they can find a healthy way to work through it.

But the legitimacy of continuing the Eagles without Glenn never hinged upon whether or not they approved of it.

Why not? Because this isn't about them. This is about the Eagles - what the Eagles are, what really defines them - this is about whether or not that definition needs to includes Glenn.

This is about what defines the Eagles' music. This is about what defines the Eagles' legacy.

And that is what determines the legitimacy of the band that is calling itself the Eagles... or determines the lack of it.

Without Glenn, that band cannot be defined as the Eagles.

Simple as that.

#NoGlennNoEagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I would also argue that doing these cover versions is pushing Glenn's legacy even further into the background.
    Well, certainly, with every Vince Gill song they add, they take the "Eagles" further away from the band Glenn envisioned.