Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Isn't it obvious some folks just have a real hard time accepting the FACT there is a legitimate reason this thread exists?

Rather than resort to personal attacks, name calling and vulgar insults, I am hoping those who disagree and will not or can not abide by even the most basic forum participation rules and boundaries will seek a more effective way to deal with their anger and hateful thoughts and feelings toward others.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Isn't it obvious some folks just have a real hard time accepting the FACT there is a legitimate reason this thread exists?

Rather than resort to personal attacks, name calling and vulgar insults, I am hoping those who disagree and will not or can not abide by even the most basic forum participation rules and boundaries will seek a more effective way to deal with their anger and hateful thoughts and feelings toward others.

Amen! It's funny. Things only get bad in here when folks come in here to argue...

And yet this whole thread was designed to preclude arguing. That is the point of it! To eliminate conflict between camps!

Why do people who disagree come in here and seek out conflict? I don't get it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Amen! It's funny. Things only get bad in here when folks come in here to argue...

And yet this whole thread was designed to preclude arguing. That is the point of it! To eliminate conflict between camps!

Why do people who disagree come in here and seek out conflict? I don't get it.
    Me either. Again, great question!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    And as for not letting the door to hit me on the way out?

Don't let my boot kick your sorry ass, either, amigo
    Hahahahahaha.

Poor peneumbra! I don't think I have to worry about that ever happening. I doubt it'd be something you'd try after realizing the person you are talking to is a 6 foot 8 man and built to match. Something tells me you would forget ever having thought of kicking my @ss as soon as you met me. That's just a hunch though...

Thanks for taking out the trash, Soda!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

Very well said Dawn.

If they don't like our dialogue here, there are plenty of other threads for them to post in and they can keep out of this one and they won't have to worry about it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

This is the PM I was sent: (NB if it isn't appropriate I will delete, but as I've seen his attacks on me in public & he has been banned, I'm not sure that it matters that much).

You not only have a big mouth - you know little to nothing about Glenn Frey, or anyone else involved in this band.

I KNEW Glenn Frey. Worked with him and the others for years. You are simply a mean-mouthed "fan" (from a foreign country, no less) who loves to cause trouble.

I don't really care what you say to anybody else; that's between you and them (although I'm sure you're one of those cowardly fools that hide behind your on-line anonymity.)

BUT…

Aggrieve me at your peril. I abide no foolishness from anyone, least of all someone who talks out of his or her - whatever you are - ass. Show some respect and do it soon.

I thought I went out of my way in my last response to him to tell him that I didn't wish to argue with him.

As for my being from a' 'foreign country' well yes, I plead guilty to that. Full of Vegemite, too! How tragic for me.

I apologise for the trouble I have caused. I don't know how many people talk about me behind my back. I've always been upfront. I don't set out to alienate people but I don't have very good people skills, that's true.

I've just watched my husband's native country England get knocked out of the (soccer) World Cup & I come on here & read this. Great start to the day!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-11-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    This is the PM I was sent: (NB if it isn't appropriate I will delete, but as I've seen his attacks on me in public & he has been banned, I'm not sure that it matters that much).

You not only have a big mouth - you know little to nothing about Glenn Frey, or anyone else involved in this band.

I KNEW Glenn Frey. Worked with him and the others for years. You are simply a mean-mouthed "fan" (from a foreign country, no less) who loves to cause trouble.

I don't really care what you say to anybody else; that's between you and them (although I'm sure you're one of those cowardly fools that hide behind your on-line anonymity.)

BUT…

Aggrieve me at your peril. I abide no foolishness from anyone, least of all someone who talks out of his or her - whatever you are - ass. Show some respect and do it soon.

I thought I went out of my way in my last response to him to tell him that I didn't wish to argue with him.

As for my being from a' 'foreign country' well yes, I plead guilty to that. Full of Vegemite, too! How tragic for me.

I apologise for the trouble I have caused. I don't know how many people talk about me behind my back. I've always been upfront. I don't set out to alienate people but I don't have very good people skills, that's true.

I've just watched my husband's native country England get knocked out of the (soccer) World Cup & I come on here & read this. Great start to the day!

Cheers.
    I received a rude PM too, so don't take it too hard. (It was bizarre. Clearly doesn't know anything about me.)
    Last edited by chaim; 07-11-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

"You not only have a big mouth - you know little to nothing about Glenn Frey, or anyone else involved in this band.

BUT…

Aggrieve me at your peril. I abide no foolishness from anyone, least of all someone who talks out of his or her - whatever you are - ass. Show some respect and do it soon."

Wow, he threatened you? "Show some respect"? People earn respect based on their behavior. He's lost mine.

Two things peneumbra believes are insults: pointing out that you're from a "foreign country" (ie, not American), and pointing out that I'm a teacher. That says volumes about him.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this, FP. I know there are people who have a problem with you, but I don't think many of them believe it's OK to make threats and xenophobic remarks.

Reminds me of my former brother-in-law. Seemed nice at first, but when he got pissed off, he became nasty and abusive.

I don't wish to go on and on about this man now that's he's history, but I felt this PM deserved a response.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I received a rude PM too, so don't take it too hard. (It was bizarre. Clearly doesn't know anything about me.)
    Chaim, I'm sorry you got one as well.

I'm so sorry that got sent to you FP.

The guy clearly has issues, and after the post to me about kicking my posterior, and the fact he clearly used a gun emoji in his PM to you telling you to "show some respect and soon". I'm glad Soda got rid of him. It was only going to get worse. He showed his true side to anyone that cares. Completely unhinged.

I never for once believed he knew any of the band or was on the road and I've always believed his "stories" to be false. They might be fun to read or entertaining, but fact-driven they are NOT. He makes them up to get attention.

I always have valued your posts and mostly agree with all of them, especially in regard to this new band. If someone has an issue with you that's THEIR problem.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Anyway, shall we get the thread back on track again?

No Glenn, No Eagles!

Ah, that felt good.