Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I think the posts in the thread are fine to leave here. But, I will second what Austin said about this thread not being a debate thread. As a reminder, there is absolutely no problem with anyone disagreeing with those of us who are opposed to the current lineup. However, those types of post should be in the other thread that Austin mentioned. Per the title of this thread, it is exclusively "for those saying Glenn Frey is necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles".
    Thank you Dreamer.

I think some forget which thread is for which purpose.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No. There is nothing in my post about being pro or anti anything. It is addressing something specific in this thread that's been mentioned a few times that happens to be wrong.

Some folks thought Schmit was referring to the current line up. He was not. Period.

To take that corrective post away would amount to intentionally covering up a fact in order to continue the false belief that Schmit said something offensive, which he did not.
    I realize that, but this is the thread for anti-3.0 posts only.

For the record, the riding a bicycle may have been misquoted or misunderstood, but that doesn't change my mind on TBS. He has made other equally offensive comments regarding the band moving on. So this "bicycle" misquote has nothing to do with my views on him at all. So you can rest easy knowing that I didn't form my "negative view" just based on that one comment. I have a real negative view of all of them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Yeah, I didn't form any opinion based on that either, but IMO correcting me was the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Yeah, I didn't form any opinion based on that either, but IMO correcting me was the right thing to do.
    Sure, I get it.

I guess I just like the having this space to talk about anti-3.0 stuff without our posts being challenged by the pro-3.0 side (which is more appropriate for the "looks like the band" thread).
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Out on the Border

Just want to be clear I wasn't singling anyone out. I read through the posts and saw the "bicycle quote" mentioned more than once and I didn't keep track of who said what.

My only point was to correct the misunderstanding of the quote. Because if Schmit had been referring to the new line up, I agree that would be sad, and as Chaim said, disappointing.

I get that some of the things they've said over the years can be disappointing and stick with us.😞

As for other things that Schmit said, I'm not aware of.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Sure, I get it.

I guess I just like the having this space to talk about anti-3.0 stuff without our posts being challenged by the pro-3.0 side (which is more appropriate for the "looks like the band" thread).

I understand. A few months back i came into this thread without correctly comprehending the title (I thought it was addressing anti- new line-up folks as a form of debate) and my post was moved.

And this time I accidently came back to this thread when I was doing a general Google search and this thread was one of the results.(I think I was searching for Schmit quotes or something. I'm not sure. I'm always doing weird random Eagles searches.)

So anyway, that's when I saw how his quote was being interpreted and I wanted to correct that. Because it would've bothered me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just want to be clear I wasn't singling anyone out. I read through the posts and saw the "bicycle quote" mentioned more than once and I didn't keep track of who said what.

My only point was to correct the misunderstanding of the quote. Because if Schmit had been referring to the new line up, I agree that would be sad, and as Chaim said, disappointing.

I get that some of the things they've said over the years can be disappointing and stick with us.😞

As for other things that Schmit said, I'm not aware of.
    Fair enough.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

For me, it's so very simple, and it always will be.

Objective fact: Glenn Frey is gone. His days have ended.

To me, there will never be another conclusion that can be drawn from that fact than this: the Eagles have ended as well.

No subjective ideas anyone throws at me will move me from that conclusion, as it is based on a rather straightforward fundamental premise:

No Glenn = No Eagles.

Period.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Amen to that Soda.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Amen.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger