Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

LOL, thank you both.

I thought it was not only hilarious but also kinda true and just bringing home the fact there is no Eagles without it's co-founder (although I'd argue that Glenn asked Don to start a band with him) and leader.

I saw it on FB and I just had to share it in this thread.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

And the "Eagles" are back out on another tour with Deacon. And I'm so shocked...not! I'm really starting to think this is just a bad dream or something, it's like a wart that just won't go away no matter how much you spray it or cut it out. It just keeps coming back for more. Frustrating, yes. Annoying, sure. But even more than that - maddening. I keep trying to pinch myself, only to find that it's actually happening.

As far as I'm concerned - if Henley or Azoff told me that my house was on fire, I wouldn't even go check. He's proven himself to be untrustworthy in almost every regard. The little boy who cried wolf is done.

The fact that this "experiment" of a 3.0 band is still touring in 2020 is just unfathomable and really icky to me. Even ickier is how they keep trying to tell people that it's over, come see us before we stop. I don't put the blame with the concertgoers, just like I don't put the blame with the person who is being taken advantage of. I put the blame with the offender. Henley and Co. just have no limits on what they will do for $.

I just cannot believe people are still going to this show, often the same people over and over. It's not the Eagles. Enjoy it, by all means. But there is no Eagles without the VIP - Mr. Glenn Lewis Frey!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Austin, it goes without saying that I'm another one that dreads these tours. How ironic it is that I used to be ecstatic when the band toured and now I just get depressed thinking about this faux version out on the road.

And not only was Glenn the VIP, but IMHO, he was the MVP ... which makes him irreplaceable.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

From what I have heard, there is no introduction of the band members except for Vince Gill and Deacon (by Don). How much was Glenn the heart, the leader of the Eagles?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for finding that, CA. It is priceless - I always used to so look forward to Glenn's band intros. They used to be a highlight of the shows, which is why they probably skip them now. The only thing that would be highlighted now is that out of all the musicians on the stage, there is only one original member of the band there and only 1/2 of the main creative forces of the band's catalog. Not to mention, of course, that, on this Hotel California tour, there are only two members from that lineup on the stage. Oh well, so much for the band's authenticity and legitimacy that Glenn always tried so hard to preserve.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ah, yes, the Hotel California celebration tour with only two members of the Hotel California line up. I wonder - do they ever feel even one iota of shame about it? Or have their hearts become completely hardened?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Austin, it goes without saying that I'm another one that dreads these tours. How ironic it is that I used to be ecstatic when the band toured and now I just get depressed thinking about this faux version out on the road.

And not only was Glenn the VIP, but IMHO, he was the MVP ... which makes him irreplaceable.
    Agreed Dreamer.

I think I actually meant to type MVP, but typed VIP as I couldn't remember the right acronym at the time.

I think it's just so sad and it's more than disappointing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    From what I have heard, there is no introduction of the band members except for Vince Gill and Deacon (by Don). How much was Glenn the heart, the leader of the Eagles?

I think Don's ego is far too large to acknowledge anyone but himself and his two partners in crime - Vince and Deacon.

Or maybe he'd just rather save that time to do another of his own songs.

I loved Glenn's introductions. Not only were they done, but they were always funny and you could tell he was sincere about it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I agree, Soda and Dreamer.

To me it's fradulence. Maybe not legally, but it is absolutely a sham and needs to be called out as such.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for finding that, CA. It is priceless - I always used to so look forward to Glenn's band intros. They used to be a highlight of the shows, which is why they probably skip them now. The only thing that would be highlighted now is that out of all the musicians on the stage, there is only one original member of the band there and only 1/2 of the main creative forces of the band's catalog. Not to mention, of course, that, on this Hotel California tour, there are only two members from that lineup on the stage. Oh well, so much for the band's authenticity and legitimacy that Glenn always tried so hard to preserve.
    I always loved those intros by Glenn. I still can't believe they are doing a salute to the HC with only two guys who were on the album. Don's experiment has now been going since Classic West. I never dreamed it would last this long.