Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    How Long before hes a 'real' Eagle? Poor Glenn must be turning in his grave
    No matter what Don and Co think of him, he will never be a real Eagle to me and to a lot of others. And the fact he is pushing his own solo material into the band really disgusts me. He should thank his lucky stars he is in the band. Saying things like "I always thought I'd make a good Eagle"...well Vince, I never did. Show some humility. What makes you think you deserve to be in the band?!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    No matter what Don and Co think of him, he will never be a real Eagle to me and to a lot of others. And the fact he is pushing his own solo material into the band really disgusts me. He should thank his lucky stars he is in the band. Saying things like "I always thought I'd make a good Eagle"...well Vince, I never did. Show some humility. What makes you think you deserve to be in the band?!
    He said that?? Even if he said it as a joke, it's a terrible thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    He said that?? Even if he said it as a joke, it's a terrible thing to say.
    I think he was dead serious. Way too arrogant for my tastes.

"In my mind, I always thought I'd have made a good Eagle," said a smiling Gill, whose 21 Grammy Awards make him the most awarded male country artist in Grammy history.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...530-story.html
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    One thing that's been brought up before in debate but that no one on the other side ever addresses is the fundamental flaw of the argument "We must tour to keep the music alive..."

Um... what happens when they're not able to tour anymore themselves?

Surely they don't seriously believe all their music will die then?

"Wait - what's that over there? Thought I saw something. Anyway, about the topic of how we should tour so some teenage fan in Switzerland can hear us...." replies Don Henley. lol

I wish he would get called on it like that. But the sad part is, people don't challenge it. They just swallow it. "Oh, yeah.. keep the music alive... yeah, that's what Glenn would want!"

Amen Soda ! I agree Austin. Remember, it was Glenn who stated the Eagles music never died after they broke up in 1980. Classic Rock Radio played their songs non-stop and they still do. The their music will continue after they stop touring. It is just a lame excuse Don gives to legitimize their going on without Glenn. And amazingly, few music critics and others in the industry have questioned this. Obviously having Deacon with them keeps people from criticizing them.

To me Vince Gill seems like one of those people that some will always see as angelic, nice, and down to earth, and there will always be others that see it differently and sometimes more accurately. At least with Don Henley there is no guessing - what you see is what you get good or bad (however you see it). But both of them have seriously disappointed me. And to a point, also Tim and Joe.

Just from the comments he's made about him and the Eagles and his "injection" of his country crooner soft country solo material into a band that didn't need it nor should play it tells me he's not as humble as some might think. I've also just read and watched interviews from him over the years. Just my own take on it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think he was dead serious. Way too arrogant for my tastes.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...530-story.html
    Well, he was obviously wrong since he isn't a good Eagle. Just an Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Well, he was obviously wrong since he isn't a good Eagle. Just an Eagle.
    Yep, if that.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the talent in him like I did in Glenn Frey. Singing, songwriting, and playing. It's not an even playing field. Couple that with his apparent desperation to cling onto the Eagles name, and with him being so sure of his position the Eagles makes me think that he should thank his lucky stars that he got to put this band on his "resume". Just my take on the matter.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I think it's obvious without Henley's "Accept No Substitutes" rubber stamp of approval Vince Gill would not be touring the country getting paid to be an Eagle at 50 plus concert venues.

Seriously disappointed in Gill. And yes, Timothy and Joe - major letdown.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Amen Soda ! I agree Austin. Remember, it was Glenn who stated the Eagles music never died after they broke up in 1980. Classic Rock Radio played their songs non-stop and they still do. The their music will continue after they stop touring. It is just a lame excuse Don gives to legitimize their going on without Glenn. And amazingly, few music critics and others in the industry have questioned this. Obviously having Deacon with them keeps people from criticizing them.
    Well said NKIT. Personally, it seems to me Don Henley is fond of making defensive proclamations like " we do it because we can" which is all fine and dandy but he has to know or at least suspect there are fans who aren't buying his excuses. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Amen Dawn. And yeah, we Eagles fans who "accept no substitutes" should have a hashtag of our own, shouldn't we, in the style of the angry Fleetwood Mac fans' #ISTANDWITHLINDSEY and #BOYCOTTFLEETWOODMAC? There's a lot of "N"s in the middle but it gets the point across! #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten