Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I agree with the others that I don’t think Deacon will forge his own path. I think he enjoys playing in the band and will do so for as long as they let him do it. I think that it’s fine for him to Ride on his dad’s legacy for a little while but once the band is done he should try to do his own thing in music or do whatever he wants that isn’t music related

Stuck on the Border

Deacon must have had thoughts about some kind of "path" of his own. What was he doing before his father passed away? Just sitting at home and practicing his father's guitar and vocal parts?

EDIT:

There may be a lot of stuff happening in Deacon's life in terms of work that we don't see - whether it's playing in a band of his own or delivering pizza. Not everything in one's life happens in the "Eagles scale". Maybe this Eagles thing does help the healing process.
    Last edited by chaim; 11-21-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    "It looks bad." To whom, exactly? Amazing that the critics are now turning on Deacon in the name of protecting your feelings toward Glenn. How warm and fuzzy, folks. I'm sure Glenn would be thrilled at the idea of throwing his son under the bus in his name. Keep it up. It looks GREAT.
    Spare me the outrage. He's been treated with kid gloves around here since the beginning of all of this precisely because he's Glenn's son. The fact that a frank discussion about his lack of musical chops causes you to turn red in the face is a great example of the eggshells some expect us to walk upon when we talk about him.

You do realize that it's perfectly legitimate to discuss such things when you're talking about a musician, right?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

New interview with Don about the Eagles’ future and the HC re-release

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...future-w511253

Thanks Philh

What are your plans for 2018 – more touring, the studio?
    There is nothing etched in stone. Deacon wants to start writing. I think our management is holding some venues, as managers are wont to do. Everyone is so tired from the last two years, what we've been through, that we need a break. After the holidays, as we have traditionally done, we will get together in January and talk about what we want to do – whether we want to do anything, how much we want to do, when to do it. As Glenn used to say, we run this band on a yearly basis. That's still the way it is.

This interview was on October 30, 2017 less than a month ago.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Well, it appears Deacon does want to become a songwriter after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I think our management is holding some venues, as managers are wont to do. Everyone is so tired from the last two years, what we've been through, that we need a break. After the holidays, as we have traditionally done, we will get together in January and talk about what we want to do – whether we want to do anything, how much we want to do, when to do it. As Glenn used to say, we run this band on a yearly basis. That's still the way it is.

This interview was on October 30, 2017 less than a month ago.
    So, I guess they decided not to wait until January...

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, it appears Deacon does want to become a songwriter after all!

So, I guess they decided not to wait until January...
    Yep.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

My guess is that prior to joining the guys, Deacon was doing the exact same thing that Don's 2 adult children, Timothy's 3 children, Joe's children and Taylor Frey are all currently doing. Other than a brief little run in the '90s for Jeddrah and Lucy's acting, it doesn't seem any of them have "careers" or have made anything of themselves that the public would know about. They all have "interests." I'm sure some of them are very wealthy and probably don't generate any income and just hang out, doing what they enjoy and being with family.

And Deacon is in the same position. It seems to me that the guys invited him so he was like, "Sure!" I don't think there's much to read into it or debate and there shouldn't be any philosophical question about how he is living his life. Obviously he has the musical chops, they're not propping him up. It's totally fair to critique his performances, but for people on here to presume to tell him what he should do with his life is mind-boggling.

Yeah, there's really no need for us to make value judgments on Deacon's choices. What's the point of that? Our approval or disapproval matters not one whit. I can see how some of the posts may have stepped into this area a bit, so we should make an effort to stay out of this zone.

However, we should be able to discuss musical aspects of his role in this venture without fear of melodramatic outbursts.

I also see no problem with curiosity about who he was before all this, what he might be interested in outside of this venture, etc., although perhaps an extended discussion of it should take place in his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, there's really no need for us to make value judgments on Deacon's choices. What's the point of that? Our approval or disapproval matters not one whit. I can see how some of the posts may have stepped into this area a bit, so we should make an effort to stay out of this zone.

However, we should be able to discuss musical aspects of his role in this venture without fear of melodramatic outbursts.

Agreed.