Page 15 of 145 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I treat you that way, WalshFan, because I can't imagine being so cynical, negative and hateful toward something as joyful, fulfilling and unifying as music. I don't get it. I have tried really hard to understand and I have come up with nothing. The Eagles have given me so much happiness, friendship, bonding with my family, that I can't ever imagine turning my back because of a lineup change. It's blind loyalty, and it's not going anywhere. I have it for Glenn, Don, Joe, Timothy, Randy, Bernie, Deacon, Vince, Steuart, etc. Never going to change. I'll always defend them, to anyone, regardless of when my first post here was or how old the band members are -- two incredibly horrible arguments, by the way. So yeah, we can agree to disagree. That's fine. Or you can say, man, I haven't taken the time to think about why this might be meaningful to others, and it would be really stupid to try to kill their joy. Don Henley is my favorite Eagle, but if he had died and Glenn decided to let Clint Black or the guy from Rascall Flatts sing his songs, I'd be the first guy in line. Not because it's better or because it was my first choice, but because someone I have invested real, meaningful thought, time and love into made the choice. It's the least I could do to support this. I want Glenn back as badly as anyone possibly could. But Don, Joe, Tim and the rest have added so much to my life that I could never repay, so I'm not going to turn on them.

Border Desperado

Don, Glenn, Joe and Timothy never denied that part of the reason they still toured was because of the money. It seems like there wasn't nearly as much criticism about high ticket prices or the occasional performance where they all seemed tired or the amount of money they were making until Glenn passed. He was a huge part of all of the decisions that factored into Eagles business until his unfortunate death. Now that the others have decided to continue to perform there are many, many more negative comments about high ticket prices, a "money grab" and decreased performance levels than there ever were prior to Glenn's passing. Since they are conducting business almost the same way as they always have, I think maybe it has a lot more to do with those that disagree with the decision to continue than with the band's business practices.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

Also, the fact that there's been numerous stories that the band didn't get along well (Glenn, Don, Tim, and Joe)
    This I did not know about or hear about. It seems like between 2001 and 2015 this iteration of the band had found a way to make it work...that worked for all of them. Timothy may not be the best singer or bass player, but I think he has qualities that actually contributed to the band being at peace, personally, as much as they could be - but that's for a different thread!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I treat you that way, WalshFan, because I can't imagine being so cynical, negative and hateful toward something as joyful, fulfilling and unifying as music. I don't get it. I have tried really hard to understand and I have come up with nothing. The Eagles have given me so much happiness, friendship, bonding with my family, that I can't ever imagine turning my back because of a lineup change. It's blind loyalty, and it's not going anywhere. I have it for Glenn, Don, Joe, Timothy, Randy, Bernie, Deacon, Vince, Steuart, etc. Never going to change. I'll always defend them, to anyone, regardless of when my first post here was or how old the band members are -- two incredibly horrible arguments, by the way. So yeah, we can agree to disagree. That's fine. Or you can say, man, I haven't taken the time to think about why this might be meaningful to others, and it would be really stupid to try to kill their joy. Don Henley is my favorite Eagle, but if he had died and Glenn decided to let Clint Black or the guy from Rascall Flatts sing his songs, I'd be the first guy in line. Not because it's better or because it was my first choice, but because someone I have invested real, meaningful thought, time and love into made the choice. It's the least I could do to support this. I want Glenn back as badly as anyone possibly could. But Don, Joe, Tim and the rest have added so much to my life that I could never repay, so I'm not going to turn on them.
    So, basically you want those against it to keep quiet as not to spoil your fun?! We should just all keep quiet for those of you who like this. Seriously? I mean really?

I'm sorry, but the world does not work that way EIK. The way you think you are more of a fan than those against the guys moving forward without Glenn and the way you constantly remind us that we can't be Eagles fans if we don't want them to move on without Glenn. Who made you the guy in charge of deciding who is a fan or not?! That's right, no one. Get off of your high horse for a change. Jeez.

And now you have the "gall" (to use your own term) to tell me I'm not a music lover (or worse, that I hate music!) because I'm against them moving forward?! Get a damn grip. Just who do you think you are telling me what to think and to just keep quiet because we don't see eye to eye?! I'm sorry but I'm not willing to be kept in a cage where I'm not allowed to express my feelings and opinions for the sake of your or others happiness. If that upsets you so much, then maybe invest in some therapy or something. But trying to bully me into doing it, no thanks. Not all of us are "blind loyalists", ok. We can love a band while still criticizing them, and we can only like a certain era or most but not all eras and still be a fan. You don't get to play god and try to tell us otherwise. Sorry.

Also it's highly ironic that you want me to stop saying how I feel because I kill your joy. Have you ever thought about the reverse? How WE might feel?! I bet you haven't. Besides, if someone loved the new Eagles, they have the choice to not visit this one thread where it's all contained. They and you choose to read it.

One thing is for sure, we are never going to get along so I'm going to ignore you. You can't seem to debate like a rational person, so why should I treat you like one. You'd rather throw out insults and judge me. That's awfully immature, EIK.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado

Mary California, after seeing several of Timothy's solo shows I think he had more to offer than he was given a chance to express. He must have decided that he was comfortable with what Don and Glenn assigned to him. I agree that all of his talents that benefited the Eagles were not necessarily viewed by the audience. I was not aware either that there was a great deal of discord in the 2000's. Like everyone else they got together to work. I don't know how others are, but I loved my co-workers. It didn't mean that I wanted to spend my days off or my vacations with them.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Don, Glenn, Joe and Timothy never denied that part of the reason they still toured was because of the money. It seems like there wasn't nearly as much criticism about high ticket prices or the occasional performance where they all seemed tired or the amount of money they were making until Glenn passed. He was a huge part of all of the decisions that factored into Eagles business until his unfortunate death. Now that the others have decided to continue to perform there are many, many more negative comments about high ticket prices, a "money grab" and decreased performance levels than there ever were prior to Glenn's passing. Since they are conducting business almost the same way as they always have, I think maybe it has a lot more to do with those that disagree with the decision to continue than with the band's business practices.
    It's funny - I see it the opposite way. We've always known that money was a huge motivator for these guys - they've been pretty open about it - but now, many people want to act like money's not a motivator, and it's all about how much they love playing together. I think maybe it has a lot more to do with those who agree with the decision to continue than with the band's business practices.

Regardless, there's one thing no one can deny: they're using the name Eagles for its monetary benefit. They can play together without doing using the name "Eagles". Since the use of the name is my main point of contention, then I can quite easily say that money is the issue.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Don't get so worked up. Spare us the outrage. Why do you take it so personally?

Anyway, I also agree that you're not worth my tme. You have no interest in reading my actual words and would much rather saddle me with an extreme viewpoint when I am providing plenty of nuance and clarity. Catch ya later, WalshFan. Good luck with that whole hating music thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Don't get so worked up. Spare us the outrage. Why do you take it so personally?

Anyway, I also agree that you're not worth my tme. You have no interest in reading my actual words and would much rather saddle me with an extreme viewpoint when I am providing plenty of nuance and clarity. Catch ya later, WalshFan. Good luck with that whole hating music thing.
    That last message is nothing but a personal attack, EIK. I don't know what's going on with you or what kind of service you think you're doing for Deacon Frey, but I doubt he'd thank you for it. Lay off.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I'm sure he'd be filled with adoration for people saying it "looks bad" that he is singing his late father's songs and bashing his life choices.

Border Desperado

I understand what you are saying, Soda. I still don't know how I feel about the situation in its entirety. There are a few things I like and a few I don't. I haven't been to an Eagles concert since 2015.