Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

All musicians - except perhaps Gene Simmons - say "for me it's not about the money, it's about music". It's just a thing they tend to say. Of course they care about money, but I don't think it's exactly "lying" when they say they only do something for the music. Musicians's motives don't have to be more "pure" than everybody else's, so I don't understand why they always have to play down the monetary side of things in public.

Which, again, reminds me of my favorite Freudian slip. Don Felder: "For me it's all about the money...the music".

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bob Seger Article about tribute to Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I think the album and the article points out how close Bob was to Glenn.

I'll just point out that Bob clearly approves of Eagles continuing, as he played with them. Most importantly, in my eyes, at Classic West.

It does seem that the people closest to Glenn do approve of Eagles continuing.
    Perhaps Seger appeared at Classic West because it became obvious that there was going to be no proper tribute so he had to take what chance he was given. It speaks volumes about a great deal of things. Perhaps he also thought that they would not continue afterwards. I don't recall him expressing any thoughts on that. What he has done is share that photo of him & Glenn on his Facebook page for Thanksgiving. Scroll down.

https://www.facebook.com/bobseger/?h...YHvmf4&fref=nf

I am not weighing in on this 'approve' stuff. Frankly it doesn't have any effect on my own feelings whether they 'approve' or not. I'm not going to be told how I should feel. I wish people could understand that.

I am sorry to sound harsh, but in recent days the pressure on people like myself has started to become unbearable. 'You WILL support this'! 'You are not a real fan'! 'They approve it, why don't you?' Etc, etc.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-23-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Perhaps Seger appeared at Classic West because it became obvious that there was going to be no proper tribute so he had to take what chance he was given. It speaks volumes about a great deal of things. Perhaps he also thought that they would not continue afterwards. I don't recall him expressing any thoughts on that. What he has done is share that photo of him & Glenn on his Facebook page for Thanksgiving. Scroll down.

https://www.facebook.com/bobseger/?h...YHvmf4&fref=nf

I am not weighing in on this 'approve' stuff. Frankly it doesn't have any effect on my own feelings whether they 'approve' or not. I'm not going to be told how I should feel. I wish people could understand that.
    I'm not trying to tell you how you should feel. I'm just pointing out that everything we know about how those truly close to Glenn feel implies that they approve of Eagles continuing. As you mention, it doesn't formally prove that, but I think that it implies it very strongly.

Bob posting the photo of him and Glenn is a nice touch. I'm not really a fan of Bob, not because I don't like his music (though I've always loved Night Moves) but because I haven't really put the effort in to become familiar with it. I'm looking forward, in this new digital world where you can hear albums before you buy them, to giving his new album a proper listen, mainly because of the Glenn connection.

Stuck on the Border

I'm not trying to tell you how you should feel. I'm just pointing out that everything we know about how those truly close to Glenn feel implies that they approve of Eagles continuing. As you mention, it doesn't formally prove that, but I think that it implies it very strongly.

Bob posting the photo of him and Glenn is a nice touch. I'm not really a fan of Bob, not because I don't like his music (though I've always loved Night Moves) but because I haven't really put the effort in to become familiar with it. I'm looking forward, in this new digital world where you can hear albums before you buy them, to giving his new album a proper listen, mainly because of the Glenn connection.
    You miss my point. It doesn't matter if 'they'approve of it or not. I don't approve of it. And I'm going to continue to disapprove no matter how often I am told that 'they' approve. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You miss my point. It doesn't matter if 'they'approve of it or not. I don't approve of it. And I'm going to continue to disapprove no matter how often I am told that 'they' approve. Sorry.
    I'm not saying that you should approve of it if they do. I was just pointing out that it appears that they do. That's all I was saying. I wasn't making an argument, but making a comment. Yes, Bob Seger was in context which is what made me think about it, but I wasn't arguing in order to convince anybody of anything; it just made me think and hence I commented.

People are allowed to feel the way that they want to. All of: them, you, others, and I hope me as well.

Stuck on the Border

I'm grateful to Bob Seger (and Jack Tempchin) for showing that he still thinks about Glenn. With my head, I know that just because nothing is said doesn't mean it isn't felt, but it's easier to relate when someone wears their heart on their sleeve.

I don't feel comfortable when I read about the new tour but I agree that those of Glenn's friends and family who have commented appear to support it.

Personally, I seriously doubt if any of Glenn's close friends do not "approve" they would say so publically.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Personally, I seriously doubt if any of Glenn's close friends do not "approve" they would say so publically.
    Sorry, but I'm not sure that I understand your meaning here. Could you perhaps rephrase that?

Sorry, but I'm not sure that I understand your meaning here. Could you perhaps rephrase that?
    What don't you understand?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    What don't you understand?
    Your sentence:

has two phrases which are not connected. Did you mean:

Personally, I seriously doubt if any of Glenn's close friends do not "approve"; they would say so publically.
    or did you mean:

Personally, I seriously doubt that if any of Glenn's close friends do not "approve" that they would say so publically.
    My two paraphrases of your sentence have opposite meanings. I'm not sure which one you mean. Or, I could have it even more wrong, and you may mean something different from either of them.