Page 20 of 145 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bob Seger Article about tribute to Glenn

AT - I can't answer for Dawn, but I take it to mean that if any friends/family disapprove of the "New Eagles" they would keep those thoughts to themselves.

Edit to reflect the change from FP to Dawn - sorry FP. It's been a long day !

I am saying I seriously doubt friends who do not approve would say they do not approve publically.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    AT - I can't answer for FP, but I take it to mean that if any friends/family disapprove of the "New Eagles" they would keep those thoughts to themselves.
    Thank you that is correct!

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - No problem. Sorry for naming FP instead of you. I edited it. It's been a long day !

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I am saying I seriously doubt friends who do not approve would say they do not approve publically.
    I do not think that this would be the case. Certainly if we look at other situations where there have been contentious actions by bands, friends, family, and loved ones have not been open and very ready to express their disapproval when they have disapproved.

If someone like Bob Seger didn't approve of Eagles continuing, then I don't believe that he would play with them. He can, and is, give his own tribute to Glenn in any way that he wishes to; there is no compulsion for him to play with Eagles if he believes that is wrong.

If members of the Frey family didn't approve of what Deacon was doing (and Eagles continuing) then I see no reason why they would not say so. Certainly, other musical families have been very open about disapproval when they have disapproved. Everything I see implies very strongly that friends, family, and loved ones of Glenn approve.

It's possible that there are mysterious reasons why people may disapprove but not say or do anything to indicate that they disapprove. But in this case people seem to be going beyond that and doing things that imply the opposite: that they approve. I think we need some sort of evidence before we give any such claim (and I'm not saying that you're claiming this) credence. Otherwise I think it's reasonable to assume that the world is as we see it to be.

EDIT: I thought about who might be close to Glenn but not have commented in any way on Eagles continuing. Jack Tempchin came to mind. I looked through some 2017 interviews (and am playing 'Peaceful Easy Feeling: The Songs of Jack Tempchin' as I did so and now) and found no comments. But, I looked on his Facebook, and found him reposting announcements of Eagles 2018 tour. https://www.facebook.com/JackTempchin/
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 11-23-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Sorry, AT but I do not believe Glenn's close friends or former band members for that matter would be comfortable publically expressing their disapproval.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Sorry, AT but I do not believe Glenn's close friends or former band members for that matter would be comfortable publically expressing their disapproval.
    Who do you think disapproves, and why do you think that they disapprove?

Sorry, AT but I do not believe Glenn's close friends or former band members for that matter would be comfortable publically expressing their disapproval. Nothing mysterious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    No comment.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    It isn't a question of knowing if anyone disapproves. It's this automatic assumption that they MUST approve, without question, that we are querying. We don't KNOW. You may be right. But you can't just take it as absolute fact. You are the one who is doing so, well, you & everyone else who agrees with you. You say that because nobody has SAID they disapprove, ipso facto they approve. You even say they are 'doing the opposite - they are indicating they approve' when there is precisely no evidence for this.

The Frey family are private people; they are not public figures. They don't really have a forum in which they can express their views either way.