Page 22 of 145 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Bob Seger Article about tribute to Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I imagine that JD Souther, Jackson Browne and Bernie Leadon would consider that it's not their decision to make and therefore none of their business.

As for Don Felder, we know he isn't close and I believe he was just taking the opportunity to make a quick jab at Henley.
    Both statements are entirely possible.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’ve seen this scene play out a couple times for Me personally and for others. I’ve had trouble avoiding arguments which is my fault but there have been times when I just tried to understand other view points and all I’m told is “I don’t know what to tell you”. It’s a tough place to be (for me at least) to avoid arguing but then try to gain a deeper understanding when all I get told is that.
    When I saw someone say “I don’t know what to tell you” to you, she had said the same thing a few times already, but it seemed that you just replied what you had said already and didn't comment her words in any way. I didn't see how you were trying to understand her viewpoint. I don't know about other occasions, who has said what, so I'm not saying that what you claim hasn't happened.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    AT, I don't think anyone has implied any knowledge of anyone close to Glenn disapproving. Rather, that if someone disapproved they would be likely to keep quiet, at least publically, out of respect for Glenn's family. Therefore it isn't a safe assumption that everyone approves just because no one has expressed disapproval. Perhaps I'm reading it that way, because that's the conclusion I'd already reached on my own.

What we do know is that Cindy, Deacon and Taylor Frey, Irving Azoff, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B Schmit, Bob Seger, Jack Tempchin and Thomas Sullivan have shown support or acceptance of the band continuing.
    Exactly.

Chaim, UTW, NKIT and FP just want to acknowledge your efforts to help explain and/or clarify the point I was trying to make. Much appreciated - thank you!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's not about percentages of classic line-ups, at least not for me.

Glenn started the band with Don Henley, but it's not just that. Both of them have been in it since day one and are fundamental to its sound. Both are essential to the Eagles. Therefore, neither Henley nor Frey are replaceable. The removal of one of them is not simply "a lower percentage of the classic line up."

I do not accept that an entity without either of them can legitimately call itself the "Eagles."
    Totally agree. Even if Bernie, Don F and Randy were to return, I would feel the same. I don't know if I'm being super sensitive but it seems disrespectful to Glenn. He was, forgive the pun, instrumental, to the Eagles. Not only his musicianship, his voice, his writing, but his personality and attitude.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2016...-band-for.html

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - No problem, my pleasure.
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I did and am exhausted today lol.

Stuck on the Border

Chaim - That quote always cracks me up !

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Which, again, reminds me of my favorite Freudian slip. Don Felder: "For me it's all about the money...the music".

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    For me, I can still like someone's or a group's music even if I don't like them as people or they've disappointed me. I listen to some artists music that I wouldn't ever want to meet in person and we don't share the same views/ethics. So that doesn't keep me from listening or liking their music, especially what I consider to be the real band. I can separate the music from the person the majority of times.

And no, not for a minute do I believe Don Henley or Irving Azoff are above lying.
    That is fair opinion. I don’t happen to think the same way but I can understand that. I think Irving would lie but I don’t think Don would intentionally mislead today. He might backtrack but I doubt he would lie.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    That is fair opinion. I don’t happen to think the same way but I can understand that. I think Irving would lie but I don’t think Don would intentionally mislead today. He might backtrack but I doubt he would lie.
    Probably true.