Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Perhaps. We will never know. Personally I would hope he would have been able to pursue all his interests. I would have loved a book. Glenn was a great storyteller. Non fiction or fiction like a Hotel California play/musical.
    A book would have been great but it’s something I doubt he would have done. It’s a shame

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    A book would have been great but it’s something I doubt he would have done. It’s a shame
    He had talked about doing a book on the Tavis Smiley interview.

http://www.pbs.org/video/tavis-smile...ribute-part-1/
    http://www.pbs.org/video/tavis-smile...n-frey-part-2/

A book from Glenn would have been brilliant. It's too late for Glenn, but there's still time for Don Henley to write one. I hope he does.

But I digress.

An unhappy moment this Thanksgiving vacation for me related to this thread:

My younger sister has Sirius, and had happened across the Eagles channel. They had been talking about the Opry show, and so she asks me if I managed to go (after which I had to set her straight). Then, once I explain to her what the deal is, she exclaims "Oh! I wondered why his voice sounded so different! It must have been the other guy singing!" So people listening to the channel and hearing live tracks from the recent shows are thinking it's Glenn on an off night!

Honestly the fact that these live tracks are polluting the Eagles channel and causing this kind of confusion is so repugnant that I won't be sorry to see the channel go.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I had been looking forward to the book too. What a pity he never got to finish it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    A book from Glenn would have been brilliant. It's too late for Glenn, but there's still time for Don Henley to write one. I hope he does.

But I digress.

An unhappy moment this Thanksgiving vacation for me related to this thread:

My younger sister has Sirius, and had happened across the Eagles channel. They had been talking about the Opry show, and so she asks me if I managed to go (after which I had to set her straight). Then, once I explain to her what the deal is, she exclaims "Oh! I wondered why his voice sounded so different! It must have been the other guy singing!" So people listening to the channel and hearing live tracks from the recent shows are thinking it's Glenn on an off night!

Honestly the fact that these live tracks are polluting the Eagles channel and causing this kind of confusion is so repugnant that I won't be sorry to see the channel go.
    I.agree Soda. Playing the recorded songs and some of their influences and early works is great, as well as playing the '76 live tracks that are on the 40th edition of HC. But putting in the new band stuff is just a no go for me.

See, the whole thing about people not knowing it's not Glenn is a big problem for me. I'm sure there are even some that went to one of the shows in person and never realized Glenn was gone by confusing him with one of the other guys or not paying attention.

But it's definitely a bigger problem with music and live tracks because people easily could think it was just an off night and get confused. It really, really sucks.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Since I do not get Sirius, I have a question. Doesn't the dj announce it is "the new Eagles" performing at the
    Opry and/or Classics ? Just wondering as I would think that should be made clear before a song is even played.

As to Don writing a book, I think he would think twice about that. It did not work out for him when he cooperated with Eliot. Don said some very nasty, mean and petty things about some of the guys. He also looked bad when Eliot told his side as to how Don tried to keep the book from being published/sold.

Maybe between what Don did and what Glenn started there’s enough to make a book? I’d much rather hear stuff from Glenn than Don but any information on the inner workings of the band and the music it made would be enough for me to read

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Thanks FP, great interview .... tears at the end wishing Glenn was still here.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - Same here. I just re-watched it not too long ago. You can tell Tavis enjoyed himself and had a great time interviewing Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Playing live stuff from the new lineup is fine with with me, but IMO they should mention the singer - if it's not Don, Joe or Timothy.