Page 29 of 145 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

People listening to the Eagles station are either knowledgeable about the band's lineup or they're not. They either know Glenn died or they don't. I'm not worried about Glenn's reputation or legacy being sullied by his son singing his song live on the radio with the "Eagles". Just as I'm not worried that someone listening to a live rendition of TITTL sung by Glenn thinks it's Randy Meisner (the version that tens of millions of people know) on an off night.

What I do know is that this is my last post in this thread that I enthusiastically started, knowing how Soda feels about the station. We're not supposed to argue in the 3.0 thread, but we certainly read it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    People listening to the Eagles station are either knowledgeable about the band's lineup or they're not. They either know Glenn died or they don't. I'm not worried about Glenn's reputation or legacy being sullied by his son singing his song live on the radio with the "Eagles". Just as I'm not worried that someone listening to a live rendition of TITTL sung by Glenn thinks it's Randy Meisner (the version that tens of millions of people know) on an off night.

What I do know is that this is my last post in this thread that I enthusiastically started, knowing how Soda feels about the station. We're not supposed to argue in the 3.0 thread, but we certainly read it.
    While I understand you are making a statement, since you are replying to a post in another thread, I'm going to be forced to move your reply to the thread which contains the post you are replying to, Eagles 3.0.

I am sorry you find my unhappiness with the radio station intolerable.

EDIT: Post has been moved to Eagles 3.0

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm replying to FP's post in this thread.

If you move me to 3.0 I will get in trouble!!

Who said intolerable?? I'm trying to be respectful, on your site, of your feelings.

I'm replying to FP's post in this thread.

If you move me to 3.0 I will get in trouble!!
    You weren't really replying to FP, since your reply would make no sense unless someone had read my statement.

Why are you reading Eagles 3.0 anyway?

Who said intolerable?? I'm trying to be respectful, on your site, of your feelings.
    I bend over backwards trying to keep things positive for people with your opinion - including refraining from making negative comments in the thread you started - and this is the thanks I get. You and shun sulking and refusing to post because I made a negative comment over here in this thread.

Why do I even bother?

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I DON'T know why you bother, I've been saying that all along. It's a bad fit, but as long as this site permits new threads about the current lineup's activities, I've enjoyed reading them.

I can't speak for Shun, but as for myself, I don't care what others Borderers think, but I do care what YOU think because you are our host. Doesn't matter what thread you're posting in. And now you're belittling me. Forget it, this is all absurd.

I guess we just have a miscommunication then, MC, because when I read these past few posts, I did not get a very respectful vibe at all. However, perhaps that was me misreading your tone after a hard day.

I have worked hard to make this a place where all (non-troll) opinions are welcome, so I find it frustrating when people say they will not post something because it disagrees with my opinion. This is especially true when it is done in a "public announcement" fashion, inviting others to follow suit.

That is why I was reacted as I did.

Apologies, Soda, for anything I said or a for disrespectful tone. You get defensive pretty quickly when you realize that your posts have had an effect on the members of the board. You don't like it when we take your words and modify our behavior and our posting based on those words. You want to be able to say anything (totally fair) and have it NOT have any effect on your members (not realistic). I think you should post away and let the chips fall where they may in the other threads.

Edit: I was tired last night, too, Soda. I shouldn't try to tell you how to handle your own site. You ask me why I read this thread, so I ask you why you read the radio channel thread. But, you're the admin, so sorry for going out of bounds.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 11-27-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Another "never assume the casual fan has a clue" moment:

Colleague: Hey, did you hear the Eagles are touring? I know you're a big fan!

Me: [thinking] Here we go again.... How many times are people going to come up to me with this "news".... [deep breath, begin recitation] Yeah, I know a group calling themselves the Eagles are touring but I don't think Don Henley should have continued the band after Glenn Frey died and I'm not going to any of the shows.

Him: Don Henley?

Me: [thinking] Seriously? [aloud] Don Henley was the other main singer in the Eagles. He's the one that's still alive.

Him: Oh, OK. Sorry, I didn't know who was who. Anyway I see you're a purist!

Me: Um. Yeah. I guess you could say that.

----------------

It's all about the brand.