Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Just more proof he has his nose up Henley's behind.
    And Irving's.........

He was so full of himself in that story it was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I first subscribed to his email listserv back in 2005. Over the years, he's written some good stuff, but by now he's definitely past his peak.

And FP is right - he's a total Henley fanboy.

He's not a journalist, though, nor does he pretend to be in the sense of "CNN news". He's gives his opinion about a variety of topics, mostly related in some way to the music industry, when he's not talking about himself. No objectivity required.

As NKIT said on the prior page, the piece being referred to here was about going to Joe Walsh's birthday party, and it was such an obnoxious extended humblebrag that I actually thought about writing a scornful reply (I have written replies to him, over the years, perhaps half a dozen times). Here's a representative excerpt (you can read the whole thing on his blog):
    "...I looked around and realized the room was a who’s who. Everybody from Bill Maher to Paul Allen. From Jerry Moss to Sherry Lansing. From Jim Keltner to Jeff Lynne. From Tom Hanks to Richard Lewis. Everybody was recognizable. That’s what fame will deliver, the inner circle, somewhere we all want to be and rarely get access to.

I felt privileged to be in attendance. Especially when people knew who I was. Joe’s wife Marjorie came up to me and my natural instinct was to state my name, to explain who I was, that I was not an interloper, and she said of course she knew who I was, they were big fans.

So maybe I’m inside. Or half in and half out.

And it’s been a long way to the top of rock and roll."
    Yes, of COURSE they know who you are, Bob! It's just that you're so terribly MODEST, you didn't realize how everyone who's anyone admires you! Aw, shucks! Well, we're all clued in to that fact now! I loved hearing about how special the celebrities think you are and the names of everyone who talked to you. Thank you for letting us know that now, you're at "the top."

He has a right to his opinion, of course. I imagine him gazing lovingly at Don Henley singing "Desperado" and thinking how he can't wait to get back home and write how the Classic was the best! show! ever! and now without Glenn to get in Don's way and Don completely dominant it's the best! lineup! ever! and isn't Don Henley just the best! singer! ever!

Gag me.
    OMG, this is truly gagworthy.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He has a right to his opinion, of course. I imagine him gazing lovingly at Don Henley singing "Desperado" and thinking how he can't wait to get back home and write how the Classic was the best! show! ever! and now without Glenn to get in Don's way and Don completely dominant it's the best! lineup! ever! and isn't Don Henley just the best! singer! ever!

Gag me.
    The thought of that disgusts me. Gag me is right.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Well Marjorie and Joe seem to respect Lefsetz enough to invite him to Joe's birthday party .... and as he has actually attended a recent Eagles concert, his opinion carries a lot more weight than many posting (and moderating) here

Stuck on the Border

Oh Funk Please, you really can't believe this new version of the Eagles is better than the 70's group who wrote/created all the songs the new version is singing. JMHO, but Lefsetz is an ass kisser who could not be more wrong.

I agree. Just because someone is popular and well liked doesn’t make their own opinions more valid. Their arguments and what they say does. Based on some of the things I’ve read of his, I do not consider him to be a good objective writer.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I agree. Just because someone is popular and well liked doesn’t make their own opinions more valid. Their arguments and what they say does. Based on some of the things I’ve read of his, I do not consider him to be a good objective writer.
    YEF - Amen ! I have nothing against people who enjoy this new version of the Eagles, but to say it is better the the original guys who created and sang it all is just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - Amen ! I have nothing against people who enjoy this new version of the Eagles, but to say it is better the the original guys who created and sang it all is just crazy.
    As someone who supports the New Eagles lineup, I agree. I’d do anything to see them back in the prime lineup. You’d have to be insane to think that Vince Gill is such an upgrade over Glenn to overcome the loss of Felder, Randy, and to overcome the natural decay due to age. No one such take his opinion on the Eagles seriously

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Well Marjorie and Joe seem to respect Lefsetz enough to invite him to Joe's birthday party .... and as he has actually attended a recent Eagles concert, his opinion carries a lot more weight than many posting (and moderating) here
    Does it really.

I think you miss the entire point of what people have been saying, but then you basically agree with Lefsetz, so of course you prefer his views over the 'many' posting (AND MODERATING.... nice little dig there) here.

'He went & saw them! He says they're better! He must be right'!

Anyway, for what it's worth, this is his alleged tribute to Glenn. Glenn himself is barely mentioned except as some sort of abstract.

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/2016/01/20/glenn-frey/

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    That’s comical F50. Seriously. Not even worth a full reply.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."