Page 35 of 145 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

UTW - Thank you for your always thoughtful post. I don't know if you saw the other thread, but the top price for the upcoming concerts are over $1,600.00(US for one ticket) and apparently there is no VIP package so that is the actual price. That is pretty much the same price they were for MSG for the HOTE Tour. And, that is with two "non-members" for Glenn. They are really taking advantage of people's emotions at this point with those prices.

The prices are a bit high but they are doing smaller venues than before, have some other acts with them. I hate to play this card but if people pay for them then they are basically worth that much. But the band should just lower the prices down as a whole but that would be me expecting them to take less money which isn’t exactly a fair thing of me to expect of them.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    The prices are a bit high but they are doing smaller venues than before, have some other acts with them. I hate to play this card but if people pay for them then they are basically worth that much. But the band should just lower the prices down as a whole but that would be me expecting them to take less money which isn’t exactly a fair thing of me to expect of them.
    YEF - I agree that if people are willing to pay those prices then they will keep charging that price for tickets. However, over $1,600.00 for one front section seat is just crazy in MHO. As I don't live in the areas of the country where they are playing, I did not know they were playing in smaller venues. I thought it was stadiums and arenas. I still think they are taking advantage of people's emotions charging those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I agree that if people are willing to pay those prices then they will keep charging that price for tickets. However, over $1,600.00 for one front section seat is just crazy in MHO. As I don't live in the areas of the country where they are playing, I did not know they were playing in smaller venues. I thought it was stadiums and arenas. I still think they are taking advantage of people's emotions charging those prices.
    I meant Arenas vs stadiums. Which accounts for some of the higher prices. The lowest prices should be higher but I agree the highest tickets should not cost that much.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    UTW - Thank you for your always thoughtful post. I don't know if you saw the other thread, but the top price for the upcoming concerts are over $1,600.00(US for one ticket) and apparently there is no VIP package so that is the actual price. That is pretty much the same price they were for MSG for the HOTE Tour. And, that is with two "non-members" for Glenn. They are really taking advantage of people's emotions at this point with those prices.
    Yes they are. Worse still, many fans still have to pay for parking, hotels, air travel, rental cars, food and beverages etc.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

The price thing is crazy.

I remember what my HOTE seat was and compared it price wise to the same venue and it was way more.

So you are paying more for less...that's just so wrong IMO. I'll take my HOTE and LROOE shows and cherish them forever. I guess if you've never seen them you'd have nothing to compare it to but I prefer to end things on an good note memory wise.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

I remember what my HOTE seat was and compared it price wise to the same venue and it was way more.

So you are paying more for less...that's just so wrong IMO. I'll take my HOTE and LROOE shows and cherish them forever. I guess if you've never seen them you'd have nothing to compare it to but I prefer to end things on an good note memory wise.
    i second that emotion.

Excerpt from Bernie Leadon tribute to Glenn Frey.

So I am very grateful today that this was my last interaction with Glenn, and that we did achieve what he said he was aiming for, to 'go out on a high note'.

Stuck on the Border

That suits me, too. I'm pleased that I don't have to track tours and worry about ticket prices.

However, just as I was satisfied with seeing the band without Randy, I can understand why people would want to see this version as it's the best available at this time. I'm sure it's a good show, just not one I'd pay high prices to see.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

My wife and I came to that same decision. We won't pay more for this lineup. No way. I'd go for less...mayyyybeeeee the same...but not more.

Is Azoff doing another Classic next year?