Page 36 of 145 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Still looking to see how much money the Classic 2016 tour made. Has anyone seen any reports?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    if people pay for them then they are basically worth that much.
    Well, it's the truth. They're worth what people will pay. Nobody's being forced to buy the tickets.

However, the whole "Glenn died... see us now before it's too late" marketing is the big reason why they can charge so much. Ask almost anyone who's shelling out. "I didn't get to see them as much as I wanted to before Glenn died... I now realize I need to..."

And they're taking advantage of that by jacking up prices.

As I said before, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Legitimate question -- is there any specific marketing campaign or strategy you've seen that indicates the Eagles are going the "see us now before it's too late" route? Seems the opposite, with hints they may go 3-4 more years.

If you're tying the ticket prices to that marketing plan, I suppose I could see that. A high ticket price indicates the concert is a big deal, or can't miss, and that people should spend the money.

But the Eagles have successfully played the "this may be it for us" card even while Glenn was in the band, often much more explicitly than they're doing now. I believe the ticket price is partly for seeing Vince Gill -- not as a replacement for Glenn, per se, but as a superstar in his field. He is a draw for fans of multiple genres.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, it's the truth. They're worth what people will pay. Nobody's being forced to buy the tickets.

However, the whole "Glenn died... see us now before it's too late" marketing is the big reason why they can charge so much. Ask almost anyone who's shelling out. "I didn't get to see them as much as I wanted to before Glenn died... I now realize I need to..."

And they're taking advantage of that by jacking up prices.

As I said before, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.
    If that’s the reason why then I agree. I don’t know why the prices are like that. You’re probably right

Stuck on the Border

Regarding the billing, it's 'Eagles'. None of this 'with DF & VG' stuff. One of my FB friends is going to the Minneapolis show & posted the event details.

https://www.facebook.com/events/367837340329741/

I will only say that the real Eagles never needed to boost their ticket sales with the inclusion of some country musician. I don't know what 'multiple genres' the guy draws but it is a sad indictment of this thing that he could be regarded as the drawcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I will only say that the real Eagles never needed to boost their ticket sales with the inclusion of some country musician. I don't know what 'multiple genres' the guy draws but it is a sad indictment of this thing that he could be regarded as the drawcard.

Thank you.

Vince isn't packing stadiums and big arenas. On his own, he plays theaters and opera houses and maybe the occasional festival. He's not a huge star with a wide multi-generational following. He's a classic country singer and that's his market. Even then, I don't think people give two craps about him being there or not because he's Vince Gill. It has nothing to do with his history of body of work.

I have nothing against the guy (other than the things I've mentioned about his eagerness to replace Glenn), but he doesn't have that big of a draw IMO. He's a successful country artist and seems like a solid guy. But I don't think he has that much pull as to be the reason people go to the show or justify the prices nor do I think he's the reason for the high prices. He's great, but not that great, AFAIC.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

FP - I think they keep changing the billing. One announcement that came up on my FB page said "The Eagles With Vince Gill and Deacon Fry". I have also seen it billed as simply "Eagles". So, who knows. I can't figure out why they change it from one thing to the other.

I think if Don or Irving was asked why the are charging so much they would use Vince as an excuse. However, like I said before, I think they are just taking advantage of people's emotions. From the comments I have read under each new announcement most say they have to see them now before it's too late.

I have never been a fan of country music so I only know what I have read about Vince, mostly here. He seems like a nice guy and is very talented. But, is he that popular he would fill arenas and make it worth paying more than they charged for the HOTE Tour ?
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 12-05-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    FP - I think they keep changing the billing. One announcement that came up on my FB page said "The Eagles With Vince Gill and Deacon Fry". I have also seen it billed as simply "Eagles". So, who knows. I can't figure out why they change it from one thing to the other.

I think if Don or Irving was asked why the are charging so much they would use Vince as an excuse. However, like I said before, I think they are just taking advantage of people's emotions. From the comments I have read under each new announcement most say they have to see them now before it's too late.

I have never been a fan of country music so I only know what I have read about Vince, mostly here. He seems like a nice guy and is very talented. But, is he that popular he would fill arenas and make it worth paying more than they charged for the HOTE Tour ?

When they make announcements they still bill it as 'with DF & VG'. But when it comes to the actual event details, see the link I posted above. There is no 'with' about it.

The very person I mentioned in my previous post is now urging her friends to 'see them now! You may never get another chance'!!!

I am going to be blunt here. I normally don't resort to strong language on this board, but I will this time. I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    When they make announcements they still bill it as 'with DF & VG'. But when it comes to the actual event details, see the link I posted above. There is no 'with' about it.

The very person I mentioned in my previous post is now urging her friends to 'see them now! You may never get another chance'!!!

I am going to be blunt here. I normally don't resort to strong language on this board, but I will this time. I call bullshit.
    Just a question but is it feasible to have their announcements list Deacon and Vince as guests on all of them? I don’t know how big and how much information they normally put on their announcements

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Just a question but is it feasible to have their announcements list Deacon and Vince as guests on all of them? I don’t know how big and how much information they normally put on their announcements
    No, of course it isn't. Practicality is all, even I know that. So forget the pretence, eh, chaps?