Page 56 of 145 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Didn't really think we were arguing, but OK! You too.

I think they are waiting to see how the current tour sells before announcing further concert dates and venues for the rest of the year.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    There are plenty of Eagles Tribute Bands who have singers who sound/sing almost as good as Don. He could be just as replaceable as Glenn.
    Couldn't agree more.

I guarantee you some if not most of these Don fans would be very much against the Eagles continuing without him, regardless of what they say. They aren't in that position to judge, IMO. But since it's Glenn, and so many think Don is the voice of the Eagles (wrong) they are ok with it. They are just as biased as we are. The sad fact is, Don Henley always seemed to garner more attention. It always bothered me at the Eagles shows I went to, the crowd cheered louder for Don than for Glenn, when if it weren't for Glenn asking Don, this band wouldn't exist. Everyone goes on and on about how great of a singer Don is, while the fact is that Glenn was an equally good and often underrated (even by his own accord) singer. It really bothers me that Henley tended to steal the spotlight. Just my 2c.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    What impressed me was the way you handled the situation. Somebody criticized something you said in some way - don't remember who or what it was and it's irrelevant - and instead of going "No, no, no, what I meant was..." and perhaps changing your story to "win" the other person (something I see every day in the internet) you basically said, "sure, that's who I am".

It's also interesting that I see a bit of myself in what you have said. Being "in your head", fighting negative thoughts etc...
    I wasn't always that way. I'm still very much a shy introverted person IRL, and I've come to terms with that, much like the stuff I described. It's something that gets better and easier with time (accepting yourself). Realizing you beat to a different drum is hard to understand and hard for people to understand. The "normals" as it were. I used to care what they thought and it consumed me. I was bullied terribly in school for being different. Now I live by a no tolerance policy. I always believe in second chances but I'm not going to let myself be treated like crap or let someone's view of me affect my inner peace anymore. Nor do I openly trust until proven otherwise. They have to earn my trust and respect.

Thanks to you, WKM, NMB, and Soda for the props.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

I guarantee you some if not most of these Don fans would be very much against the Eagles continuing without him, regardless of what they say.
    So Don Henley fans are liars. Interesting.

Not that I need to answer slander, but, as a Henley fan, I would probably be even more motivated to continue supporting the remaining band members, understanding that life is fleeting and that because they were probably finding healing in continuing to play music, that might help me heal, too. Which is how I view the continuation without Glenn.

But disregard this, I'm clearly lying and out of touch with my own feelings.

Personally I don't equate the band continuing without Glenn Frey as a healing opportunity -- in fact, for me it's been very distressful and probably always will be.

Banned

It probably is for them, though, and I know if someone close to me died I would lean on his or her friends and family to help all of us get through it. I don't see this situation any differently, even though it's a little more broad. I will always see this, especially when attached to things like $100,000 donations in Glenn's name, as a tribute to Glenn. The only reason people still care about the band without him in it, ironically enough, is because he built it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    It probably is for them, though, and I know if someone close to me died I would lean on his or her friends and family to help all of us get through it. I don't see this situation any differently, even though it's a little more broad. I will always see this, especially when attached to things like $100,000 donations in Glenn's name, as a tribute to Glenn. The only reason people still care about the band without him in it, ironically enough, is because he built it that way.
    A donation in Glenn 's name was a nice gesture but does not change the way I feel about the current lineup and replacement of tbe irreplaceable Glenn Frey.

"Accept No Substitutes." - Don Henley

Banned

It took his own son and a 21-time Grammy winner to "replace" Glenn, even though I still see it as a tribute, not a replacement. Glenn is a giant. The band only exists because of him. We feel the same way about Glenn but are just acting differently on it. I think that's ok.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    So Don Henley fans are liars. Interesting.

Not that I need to answer slander, but, as a Henley fan, I would probably be even more motivated to continue supporting the remaining band members, understanding that life is fleeting and that because they were probably finding healing in continuing to play music, that might help me heal, too. Which is how I view the continuation without Glenn.
    But disregard this, I'm clearly lying and out of touch with my own feelings.
    OMG EIK - Austin did not say Don fans are liars. Don't put words in his mouth. Jeez....