Page 58 of 145 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

We ALL know the purpose and intent of this thread is NOT to afford supporters of the current lineup an unchecked opportunity to harass non supporters. Yet the drive by nasty innuendoes, insults, personal attacks and other BS aimed at non supporters continues and when "checked" all that's left is to play the proverbial guilt card.

Well you know what? I don't much care how many ways or times supporters come to this thread for no other reason than to bait non supporters into a pissing contest.

Not my problem.

I fully intend to stand my ground and continue to express my thoughts, feelings and opinions about the current lineup in THE THREAD reserved for NON SUPPORTERS.

Next.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I fully intend to stand my ground and continue to express my thoughts, feelings and opinions about the current lineup in THE THREAD reserved for NON SUPPORTERS.
    Exactly.

There has been a lot of baiting and trolling and a lot of victimization and a whole lot of stirring the pot and then retracting saying that's not what they meant.

If they don't like it, it is REALLY simple to avoid the thread. The supporters that are all up in arms about our lack of participation, need to not visit this thread. There's plenty others for them to enjoy. Move along, folks. You've already seen it.

I don't think saying "you don't know how it feels" is wrong or inaccurate. Much like those of us Glenn diehard fans wouldn't maybe fully understand the reverse situation if Don had died. I definitely don't think the supporters understand how those of us feel, and we can't make it any plainer. Time for them to move on.

If someone bothers you, you ignore them and move on. Not keep telling them how wrong they are. You need to avoid the situation completely. Just my opinion. You'll be happier in the long run and so will we from having to hear about it.

On another note - instead of worrying about board drama, how about enjoy New Years Eve or just a good time if you aren't celebrating. I am done for tonight.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Nothing and no one can change the fact that Glenn Frey has been replaced and the Eagles is not the same band nor will it ever be.

What is unknown is how much time is left on the clock.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Dawn & Austin.

I feel that those of us who are against it are being treated as enemies & traitors. I completely reject this and consider it to be emotional blackmail. I'm not going to put up with it.

The more the 3.0 supporters come to this thread & try & tell us how wrong we are, the more they will alienate us. We don't go to their concert threads. We make an effort to stay away. Perhaps they should do the same.

Can we avoid the Don fan vs Glenn fan crap? It's not about that, at least not for me, and going there serves no purpose but to make Don fans feel defensive.

I am not pissed off about this because I'm a Glenn fan. I'm pissed off about this because I'm an Eagles fan.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It appears to me this issue has it's roots in the mindset of certain 3.0 supporters who take exception to suggestions that had it been Don who passed away instead of Glenn perhaps they would view the situation differently. Or at the very least understand why fans who do not support the band continuing WITHOUT Glenn Frey feel as they do. While I agree it shouldn't get down to that level (Glenn fans v Don fans) the suggestion was a valid one because it does bring into focus why non-supporters of 3.0 could/would view the current lineup as non-legitmate even with Don Henley's endorsement.

Additionally:

The board changed when Glenn died because everything changed when Glenn died; the Eagles ended.

I can't just go back to "business as usual." Move Glenn to "former Eagles." Replace the banner including Glenn with one including Vince Gill and Deacon. Gush about all the wonderful new "Eagles" shows in the review threads and eventually, let all the reviews including Glenn fall further away.... page 2, page 3... Put on a happy face.

Other people can feel free to celebrate this "Eagles" but I won't be joining in. I'm tired of being told I have to.

It is the way it is.

Soda, I totally understand and as always value your POV both as the owner/creator of this forum and website as well as an Eagles fan.

When I think about the considerable time, effort and expense that comes attached to an endeavor like this I am thankful for your commitment as well as the moderators. It really is a labor of love (and respect) and I sincerely thank you and each of the moderators.

Best,

Dawn

Thanks Dawn, but I wasn't trying to draw attention to that. It's just that it seems some people want me to give my blessing to this venture because my lack of support is hindering their enjoyment. Unfortunately, I can't do that.

I say to people who are enthusiastic about this: stop coming to this thread and scolding us. Go enjoy your band. Don't worry about whether or not we support it.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I say to people who are enthusiastic about this: stop coming to this thread and scolding us. Go enjoy your band. Don't worry about whether or not we support it.
    Bingo.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."