Page 6 of 136 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1357

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

  1. #51

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well, I don't know what to say. I personally have never had a problem hearing or picking out Glenn's vocals. Not trying to argue with you, I'm just saying I have always been able to hear him singing.
    Take seven bridges road for example. I bet nearly no one knew that 1/4-1/3 of his lines are Don singing. You just canít tell. His part isnít noticeable enough because he blends in. You can hear Both donís parts and Timothy better than joe and Glenn. I can hear him in TITTL but not OOTN and BOML. I think the fact you canít distinguish is a good thing

  2. #52
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Take seven bridges road for example. I bet nearly no one knew that 1/4-1/3 of his lines are Don singing. You just canít tell. His part isnít noticeable enough because he blends in. You can hear Both donís parts and Timothy better than joe and Glenn. I can hear him in TITTL but not OOTN and BOML. I think the fact you canít distinguish is a good thing
    You already said that you personally don't recognize Glenn's voice in the harmonies ("Iím just saying personally I have trouble picking it out"), so why do you still insist that no one does? Why can't you just accept that New Kid In Town does instead of trying to prove you're right???

    As for SBR, it could be a matter of psychology. When you hear Glenn for the most of the song, your brain may "correct" the few overdubs that aren't him.

  3. #53
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,795

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Take seven bridges road for example. I bet nearly no one knew that 1/4-1/3 of his lines are Don singing. You just canít tell. His part isnít noticeable enough because he blends in. You can hear Both donís parts and Timothy better than joe and Glenn. I can hear him in TITTL but not OOTN and BOML. I think the fact you canít distinguish is a good thing
    YEF - I don't know what to tell you - I can hear him in SBR as well as every song he sings. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but, I can pick out Glenn's voice in every song without a problem. I'm not trying or going to argue about this - it's silly. You say you can't hear him and I say I can. End of the argument as far as I am concerned. There are far more important things going on this world then for me to argue over than this.

  4. #54

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I don't know what to tell you - I can hear him in SBR as well as every song he sings. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but, I can pick out Glenn's voice in every song without a problem. I'm not trying or going to argue about this - it's silly. You say you can't hear him and I say I can. End of the argument as far as I am concerned. There are far more important things going on this world then for me to argue over than this.
    No my point was if his part was easy to hear then we would all know that Don overdubs on Glennís parts but thatís not something most people know or could notice from the record

  5. #55
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    I must apologise for raising this issue of Glenn's harmonies. I might have known the 7BR issue would be raised. Unitl a couple of weeks ago I didn't even know about that. I had thought that what I thought was Glenn's part WAS easy to hear. How wrong I apparently was. I am now being asked to use it as the gold standard for whether or not Glenn's harmonies can be heard. I am not, like others here, going to recite chapter & verse of where he can be clearly heard singing harmonies, but I will mention that in two of the further examples given - OOTN & BOML - he can be heard throughout, and prominently.

    Oh, and Toni, amen about not only Short People, but Rider In The Rain, although Henley can also be heard on that track.

    I repeat that in my opinion Walsh's statement that Gill was filling in the 'ghost harmony' was insensitive, and it upset me. As I believe someone else said, if they continue to claim Glenn has not been relplaced, they are lying. He has been replaced.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-17-2017 at 06:48 PM.

  6. #56
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,795

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    FP - Amen ! Joe's comment was insensitive and it upset me too. Some of Tim's comments have not been the nicest either. No matter what they try to say, they have replaced Glenn. Even Sirius Radio has a picture of "the new Eagles" when advertising the HC 40 th Anniversary. How crazy is that !

  7. #57
    Border Rebel Scarlet Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    where we have brought our children
    Posts
    537

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    I can't pick out Glenn's part in the harmonies most of the time either, even though I know it's there. Mostly Don H or Randy/Timothy. I never that knew that there was a third part on OOTN until I listened to it through headphones. I guess that higher parts always grab my attention much easier

  8. #58
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    FP - Amen ! Joe's comment was insensitive and it upset me too. Some of Tim's comments have not been the nicest either. No matter what they try to say, they have replaced Glenn. Even Sirius Radio has a picture of "the new Eagles" when advertising the HC 40 th Anniversary. How crazy is that!
    Very crazy.


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  9. #59

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    I apologize for sidetracking the thread. I just donít pick his voice out. Him and Joe I donít hear well on harmonies. Randy is really easy to hear because of his parts. I know a lot of people hear Glenn parts but on BOML and OOTN I donít. Which is funny because In the capitol centre thereís that scene of Glenn where he is just so intense and giving his all into singing those high harmonies in the outro. But again Iím sorry for turning this thread into a separate issue

  10. #60
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    FP - Amen ! Joe's comment was insensitive and it upset me too. Some of Tim's comments have not been the nicest either. No matter what they try to say, they have replaced Glenn. Even Sirius Radio has a picture of "the new Eagles" when advertising the HC 40 th Anniversary. How crazy is that !
    An example of what I "fear" might happen in the future. Wrong people will be associated with the recorded Eagles music. Or more to the point, Glenn will not be associated with it. I didn't expect media to start that though, just general public. But I have pretty much tried to express how I feel now. If it bothers people how I happen to feel, then it does. I won't be repeating it over and over again.

    But it's weirder in the Kiss world where even young fans may not know who was there before. Thayer and Singer sign their names over Frehley's and Criss's faces on album covers all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •