Page 76 of 145 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Out on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

“We brought 14 semi-tractor-trailer trucks full of stuff, four backup musicians, five string players, five horn players, four security guys, 82 crew members …. and one accountant,”

Don mentioned this also at last nights show in KC and also mentioned how many tour buses there were with at least 12 people on each bus. To me, it was a nod to all the people who help them on a daily basis so they could bring their music to the fans.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    “We brought 14 semi-tractor-trailer trucks full of stuff, four backup musicians, five string players, five horn players, four security guys, 82 crew members …. and one accountant,”

Don mentioned this also at last nights show in KC and also mentioned how many tour buses there were with at least 12 people on each bus. To me, it was a nod to all the people who help them on a daily basis so they could bring their music to the fans.
    I also think it could be a scripted permanent part of the show and the accountant mention is intended to address critics past and present.

BTW, regarding the accountant ... this isn't just my opinion. Read the reviews. just sayin' ...
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-20-2018 at 02:51 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    People who post in this thread essentially agree with the following statements by Don Henley made on November 28, 2016 in The Washington Post:
    “I don’t see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band [...] It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.”
    Irving Azoff asked Best Classic Bands on November 16, 2017: "What's your definition of the Eagles? Glenn's gone."

Here's ours:

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.
    If the above doesn't describe you, don't post in this thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    There is a review of last night's show in St. Louis...it is statements like this

"Though bowed by the loss of Frey, the band is not broken and in some ways sounds better than ever."

and this

"Once again, the band has been transformed and rejuvenated, just as it was with the previous substitutions of Joe Walsh for Bernie Leadon, Timothy B. Schmit for Randy Meisner and sideman Steuart Smith for Don Felder."

that make me upset. Like it is just one more change in the line up. Substituting out one more band member. It reduces Glenn's significance to the same as other band members who came and went over the years - (and I think that Bernie, Randy, and Felder all deserve more credit than this article gives, too.).

Sorry if I'm reiterating what has already been said, I just had to vent. I should stop reading these things, but I'm curious, so I look, and then I get upset again.

The link to the article is below if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainmen...66dfdc719.html
    That's disgusting. I don't know who that writer is but they mustn't know what they are talking about. The idea that the Eagles are some how now "rejuvenated" is asinine and isn't worth the ink or the bandwidth it's printed on.

I'm not going to even read past what you've quoted. I refuse to give them a view to their website which will fill the pockets of idiotic reviewers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That's disgusting. I don't know who that writer is but they mustn't know what they are talking about. The idea that the Eagles are some how now "rejuvenated" is asinine and isn't worth the ink or the bandwidth it's printed on.

I'm not going to even read past what you've quoted. I refuse to give them a view to their website which will fill the pockets of idiotic reviewers like that.
    Yes, this is one of the reviews where the writer expressed an opinion as to what he thought Henley's remarks about the entourage/accountant might have been in reference to:

"That last detail may have been a defiant shot at those who thought that money is the sole consideration in having the band continue after the 2016 passing of Glenn Frey, Henley’s fellow founding band member."

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Yes, this is one of the reviews where the writer expressed an opinion as to what he thought Henley's remarks about the entourage/accountant might have been in reference to:

"That last detail may have been a defiant shot at those who thought that money is the sole consideration in having the band continue after the 2016 passing of Glenn Frey, Henley’s fellow founding band member."
    Yep.

Sorry Don, but your "joke" about only having one accountant or as to insinuate this isn't a shameless money grab isn't working with me, and I doubt I'm the only one. If he wants to take shots at us naysayers, he needs to have the intestinal fortitude to step away from little jokes and quips and come out and say exactly what he means. And he better make a pretty convincing case that it's not just a money grab when all signs point to yes for me and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Yep.

Sorry Don, but your "joke" about only having one accountant or as to insinuate this isn't a shameless money grab isn't working with me, and I doubt I'm the only one. If he wants to take shots at us naysayers, he needs to have the intestinal fortitude to step away from little jokes and quips and come out and say exactly what he means. And he better make a pretty convincing case that it's not just a money grab when all signs point to yes for me and some others.
    I don't know who is calling the shots but like the publicity photo I gotta believe when it comes to the image of the band/brand there are no accidents.

I know this isn’t my thread but I saw that Deacon Frey put in his bio on instagram “Eagles since ‘17”. I felt that this is information that is relevant to this topic.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I know this isn’t my thread but I saw that Deacon Frey put in his bio on instagram “Eagles since ‘17”. I felt that this is information that is relevant to this topic.
    Well he has been with the Eagles since 2017 hasn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Well he has been with the Eagles since 2017 hasn't he.
    Well I remember some discussion about Deacon and Vince, and if they are becoming long term members and if they are considered “Eagles”.