Page 8 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1361

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

  1. #71

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    You already said that you personally don't recognize Glenn's voice in the harmonies ("Iím just saying personally I have trouble picking it out"), so why do you still insist that no one does? Why can't you just accept that New Kid In Town does instead of trying to prove you're right???

    As for SBR, it could be a matter of psychology. When you hear Glenn for the most of the song, your brain may "correct" the few overdubs that aren't him.
    I wasnít trying to prove Iím right. I donít know why every time I talk on here it turns into some argument about who is right when all Iím trying to do is just have a conversation

  2. #72
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I wasnít trying to prove Iím right. I donít know why every time I talk on here it turns into some argument about who is right when all Iím trying to do is just have a conversation
    I'm sorry if you feel that way...It's just that the back-and-forth had already been going on between you and New Kid In Town. NKIT had said a couple of times that he/she can recognize Glenn. The last post from NKIT on the issue:

    "Well, I don't know what to say. I personally have never had a problem hearing or picking out Glenn's vocals. Not trying to argue with you, I'm just saying I have always been able to hear him singing."

    Instead of accepting that NKIT can recognize Glenn you still say (my underlining):

    "Take seven bridges road for example. I bet nearly no one knew that 1/4-1/3 of his lines are Don singing. You just canít tell. His part isnít noticeable enough because he blends in. You can hear Both donís parts and Timothy better than joe and Glenn. I can hear him in TITTL but not OOTN and BOML. I think the fact you canít distinguish is a good thing."

    Instead of saying "I just can't tell" you still say "you", like no one can. IMO it shouldn't be an issue. Some people can hear Glenn in the harmonies, some can't, fine. Simple as that. I have no clue why people should argue about it.

  3. #73
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,825

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    YEF - We don't want to argue either. The problem is you go on and on and on about not being able to pick Glenn out when others have said they can and make it sound like an argument. You can't hear him in backing vocals, others can. And, that's fine. Perhaps moving on to another topic would be better. This topic has probably been run through the mill enough.

  4. #74

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - We don't want to argue either. The problem is you go on and on and on about not being able to pick Glenn out when others have said they can and make it sound like an argument. You can't hear him in backing vocals, others can. And, that's fine. Perhaps moving on to another topic would be better. This topic has probably been run through the mill enough.
    All I said was I had trouble hearing him. I tried to point out thatís it not easy to do so. All of this stemmed from the fact that when I said it was hard to hear Glenn (which Iím apparently wrong about) it turned into me hating Glenn which is not the truth

  5. #75
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Personally I got your point abound blending in etc. and wasn't thinking you "hate" Glenn. But the discussion was going nowhere. To me it looked like New Kid In Town's comments about the issue apparently had no value whatsoever. (I see now we are arguing about arguing. )

  6. #76
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,825

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    YEF - I never said you hate Glenn. I don't know how me saying I have no problem hearing Glenn turns into me or perhaps others saying you hate Glenn. I understand what you said when you say you can't hear his backing vocals. Others, including myself, have said they can. No big deal. I was only responding to your comments about not hearing him. I hope this clarifies everything.

  7. #77

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I never said you hate Glenn. I don't know how me saying I have no problem hearing Glenn turns into me or perhaps others saying you hate Glenn. I understand what you said when you say you can't hear his backing vocals. Others, including myself, have said they can. No big deal. I was only responding to your comments about not hearing him. I hope this clarifies everything.
    That is true I shouldnít have put them in one basket. I was just saying I only got down this path because of some things others were saying. I apologize

  8. #78
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,825

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    YEF - Apology accepted.

  9. #79
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,199

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I donít know why every time I talk on here it turns into some argument about who is right when all Iím trying to do is just have a conversation
    It is because you have a confrontational posting style, making declarative controversial statements and then acting as if you don't understand why anyone would disagree with them. Then, when people do, you refuse to let it go. Every time someone disagrees, you reply with a stubborn restatement of what you already said, usually accompanied by a complaint about how you're being treated or a claim that you don't want to argue, and you do it every. single. time. After a while you apologize, maybe, but what's the point if you're just going to do it again? You remind me very much of another poster we used to have... very much indeed.

    If you really just want to have a conversation, if you really mean what you say, if you're really not trying to stir the pot... then you'll change your behavior.

    Prove that you mean that apology, YEF. Change your ways.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  10. #80
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but this is in today's NY Daily News

    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3646375

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •