Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, only she knows who she was talking about, so perhaps I should not speak for her. I stopped reading the review threads. I don't see the point in torturing myself that way. I only read them if drama gets reported to me and I have to go in and deal with it. Lots of professional reviewers hated on Glenn's version of TITTL and praised Vince Gill, so there were certainly many people to whom she could have been referring. If she was criticizing you, then I can see your point. I just don't know if she really was.

We should not criticize other posters in here where they cannot defend themselves. This is not a thread designed to bash other posters (we should not be doing that regardless, anywhere on the board). This is a thread for criticizing the decision to continue the Eagles without Glenn.

I responded elsewhere.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Ok, I have taken some time and tracked down video of Vince Gill singing TITTL, Heartache Tonight, NKIT and Ol'55 and personally I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Glenn Frey. He has a good voice but lacks the energy, the passion and the emotion. Same with Deacon Frey. He sings well but I feel there is something missing with the band as a whole. In the comments I am reading one person described the band continuing with Vince and Deacon as "cringeworthy". I don't think I would go that far it's definitly not the same band but I do understand why fans might feel that way. It is very uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-08-2018 at 10:46 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Something missing. Glenn Frey.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Ok, I have taken some time and tracked down video of Vince Gill singing TITTL, Heartache Tonight, NKIT and Ol'55 and personally I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Glenn Frey. He has a good voice but lacks the energy, the passion and the emotion. Same with Deacon Frey. He sings well but I feel there is something missing with the band as a whole. In tne comments I am reading one person described the band continuing with Vince and Deacon as "cringeworthy". I don't think I would go that far it's definitly not the same band but I do understand why fans might feel that way.
    Could you post links to the performances you watched? I still haven't watched Gill doing Ol' 55. It was a cover to begin with, so that's a song I don't mind someone else singing in any style they please, although Glenn sang his parts beautifully. I do find it weird if Don doesn't sing his parts anymore though, since the Eagles version has always been a duet. I've always felt that the singer changing is one of the hooks in their version.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Could you post links to the performances you watched? I still haven't watched Gill doing Ol' 55. It was a cover to begin with, so that's a song I don't mind someone else singing in any style they please, although Glenn sang his parts beautifully. I do find it weird if Don doesn't sing his parts anymore though, since the Eagles version has always been a duet. I've always felt that the singer changing is one of the hooks in their version.
    Sure, assuming We can still access them I will post.

Agree about Ol' '55 I like the lyric switching as well.

Ol' '55

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gA2sclXHK-8
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-08-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks, Dawn.

Reading YouTube comments it appears to me anyone who expresses non support for the current lineup gets PERSONALLY attacked. Same pattern I have seen here. It is disgusting. Can't talk about the music or why they disagree with fans who believe it is subpar - instead they hurl personal insults.

Sure thing Chaim.

Stuck on the Border

Reading comments it appears to me anyone who expresses non support for the current lineup gets PERSONALLY attacked. Same pattern I have seen here. It is disgusting. Can't talk about the music or why they disagree with fans who believe it is subpar - instead they hurl personal insults.
    I read a few comments and saw a familiar phenomenon - those who dislike the current version of a band being referred to as "fans" with quote marks. It seems to be a common pattern. I've seen it many times in a Kiss forum.

Stuck on the Border

Reading YouTube comments it appears to me anyone who expresses non support for the current lineup gets PERSONALLY attacked. Same pattern I have seen here. It is disgusting. Can't talk about the music or why they disagree with fans who believe it is subpar - instead they hurl personal insults.
    Very simple - don't read YouTube comments.