Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Very simple - don't read YouTube comments.
    As a general rule I don't.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

The comments section on almost any YouTube video is a vile cesspit.

The fact the pro side here or on YouTube feels like they have to reduce us to "pseudo-fan" status and personally attack us. It's very sad and makes their viewpoint lessened because of it. If they were so sure this was ok that the Eagles were continuing, they wouldn't be needing to attack us to defend their side.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 04-08-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The comments section on almost any YouTube is a vile cesspit.

The fact the pro side here or on YouTube feels like they have to reduce us to "pseudo-fan" status and personally attack us. It's very sad and makes their viewpoint lessened because of it. If they were so sure this was ok that the Eagles were continuing, they wouldn't be needing to attack us to defend their side.
    This ^^^^^

Thank you.

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's not about percentages of classic line-ups, at least not for me.

Glenn started the band with Don Henley, but it's not just that. Both of them have been in it since day one and are fundamental to its sound. Both are essential to the Eagles. Therefore, neither Henley nor Frey are replaceable. The removal of one of them is not simply "a lower percentage of the classic line up."

I do not accept that an entity without either of them can legitimately call itself the "Eagles."
    I purposely went looking for this post because FOR Me the last sentence says it all.

Stuck on the Border

I listened to the Ol' '55 performance. Didn't like Vince's variations on the melody (I never like them anyway), but otherwise his singing was nice. I've never really thought of it as an Eagles song, so for me it was another singer covering a Tom Waits song. I missed Don's bits though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I listened to the Ol' '55 performance. Didn't like Vince's variations on the melody (I never like them anyway), but otherwise his singing was nice. I've never really thought of it as an Eagles song, so for me it was another singer covering a Tom Waits song. I missed Don's bits though.
    i feel the same way. Vince has a very nice voice no question about it. His duets with wife Amy are well done.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TBH, I have never listened to a single video of Vince singing any of Glenn's songs. And I really have nothing personal against Vince, but the thought of him (or anyone else) up onstage at what is supposed to be an 'Eagles' concert makes me want to regurgitate.

I have watched a handful of Deacon's performances and think he is somewhat more acceptable since he is Glenn's son. But just slightly. The whole thing just continues to repulse me though.

Call me silly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The comments section on almost any YouTube video is a vile cesspit.

Exactly, Austin. This is why, except for this message board, I rarely participate in social media. I can do without the viscious and uninformed trash talk. I prefer to avoid the negativity.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wise move Dreamer - ultimately I am glad I listened to both but frankly it was not going to ever change my mind - I wanted to know what they sound like and get a feel for how fans are reacting. Vince has a solid fan base which I think may have been one of the main factors in adding him to the band - along with taking pressure off Deacon. There is alot happening on that stage but without Glenn to me it looks and feels like smoke and mirrors. Not real. Sub Par.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-09-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    TBH, I have never listened to a single video of Vince singing any of Glenn's songs. And I really have nothing personal against Vince, but the thought of him (or anyone else) up onstage at what is supposed to be an 'Eagles' concert makes me want to regurgitate.

I have watched a handful of Deacon's performances and think he is somewhat more acceptable since he is Glenn's son. But just slightly. The whole thing just continues to repulse me though.

Call me silly!!!
    Not silly at all! I have refused to watch Vince singing any of Glenn's songs. I think I would regurgitate, lol. I watched a few of Deacon's performances, from the Classic East & West shows, but not since, nor do I have a desire to. I wasn't too impressed by what I saw, although I'll admit it took guts, and maybe he's gotten better since, but I've seen enough.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Not silly at all! I have refused to watch Vince singing any of Glenn's songs. I think I would regurgitate, lol. I watched a few of Deacon's performances, from the Classic East & West shows, but not since, nor do I have a desire to. I wasn't too impressed by what I saw, although I'll admit it took guts, and maybe he's gotten better since, but I've seen enough.
    My impression of Deacon is he is doing the best he can and that's really all one should expect of him. He does not sound like Glenn. Not at all. And why anyone would think otherwise is beyond me.