Page 89 of 145 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I check out some videos now and then out of curiosity, but I will never consider this the Eagles.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    My impression of Deacon is he is doing the best he can and that's really all one should expect of him. He does not sound like Glenn. Not at all. And why anyone would think otherwise is beyond me.
    No - some actually say he sounds better than Glenn - go figure!

I agree though that I don't want to be too hard on Deacon. He has got to be under an enormous amount of pressure, and I am sure, in his heart, he is trying to do his dad proud.

I saw him perform with Glenn twice around 10 years ago and he does have talent. But, it's a huge climb from performing under the wings of your legendary dad in front of 200 people to trying to replace him in front of 20,000.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I actually agree with his assessment. I think he sounds good. Really good but his voice is not like his dads at all. It’s quite different. And it’s not better than his fathers.

Glenn was in a class all his own. I think as he gets more experienced and confident Deacon could probably do all his dad's songs and eliminate the need for Vince Gill unless it's harmonizing they are worried about. Either way it does not change anything or my opinion that without Glenn Frey this isn't the Eagles.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    No - some actually say he sounds better than Glenn - go figure!
    Sacrilege! lol

I don't think Deacon sounds like his father at all and in fairness, he shouldn't have to, he should be his own person, but the fact is I just don't want to hear Glenn's songs sung by anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Glenn was in a class all his own. I think as he gets more experienced and confident Deacon could probably do all his dad's songs and eliminate the need for Vince Gill unless it's harmonizing they are worried about. Either way it does not change anything or my opinion that without Glenn Frey this isn't the Eagles.
    I also agree with that. Deacon has a bright future and I think does a better job with his dads songs than Vince does. (Besides TITTL) but I think the band wants him for his harmony parts as well. His high harmony is important to keeping the harmonies strong. I think they will be a package deal until the band is done for good

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Sacrilege! lol

I don't think Deacon sounds like his father at all and in fairness, he shouldn't have to, he should be his own person, but the fact is I just don't want to hear Glenn's songs sung by anyone else.
    Agreed.

Was talking with Eagles fans friends over Easter and we all agreed the coolest thing ever would have been Hotel California The Musical.

Reportedly Glenn was collaborating with his old friend, fellow actor and producer Robert Wuhl (Arli$$) and had been checking out various musicals on Broadway like Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys, Beautiful, Etc.

Once the HOTE tour was finally over I think Glenn may have turned his focus to moving the ball further down the playing field and getting this into production.

Sadly, unless someone close to the project speaks out publically we may never know where he was with this.

I do know if Glenn was involved it would have been awesome!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dawn, if I remember correctly, Don said that he was going to try to see that to fruition, since Glenn was so enthusiastic about it, but I haven't heard of him mentioning it lately. With them tackling this massive tour, who knows when that might happen!

Have to say I'm not much in to musicals, but if they thought it would be good, who am I to question it?! I guess time will tell.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I think Deacon is a very talented kid with a bright future. I do not think he sounds like Glenn. His voice appears to be deeper than Glenn's was.
    He has a nice voice but I do not think he sings better than Glenn. Deacon should not be compared to Glenn because he is not Glenn. As Groupie said, people should not expect Deacon to be a second Glenn. He should be his own person. I think he is under tremendous pressure every time he steps on stage as he has large shoes to fill.

I have always loved Broadway musicals and I think it would be cool to have an Eagles musical on Broadway. How it will be done I have no idea. But if they can do Abba and Beautiful then hopefully they can come up with a great idea.