Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Thanks Pricellaupstate!

So in addition to a potential 40-50 city tour next year there are plans for "... some kind of world tour at the end of the decade to run over a couple of years."

Will Vince be on board too, I guess we will know more when they make their formal announcement.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

The NY Daily News is pretty lame, so it'll be interesting to see what a more reputable news source says - one whose first line doesn't refer to "Glen Frey."

In other words, is this anything new, or is this just more of the same... that Deacon will be touring with them, and that they plan to keep going as long as they can physically drag themselves out onto the stage and croak out the vocals.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Thanks Pricellaupstate!

So in addition to a potential 40-50 city tour next year there are plans for "... some kind of world tour at the end of the decade to run over a couple of years."

Will Vince be on board too, I guess we will know more when they make their formal announcement.
    That’s crazy to me that they would do a world tour near the end of the decade. I do get doing some international stuff as they have only done events in the states but a couple years from now I’m not sure how well they will be able to do it anymore. Don talks about wanting to travel with his kids so maybe he wants to do it through the Eagles? Who knows. I remember asking my dad to get tickets to the classic east thinking it would be the final concert they would preform. How wrong I was!

Stuck on the Border

I don't even know what to say to this. Playing till they are 75? Will they have the energy and will their voices last another five years? I'm surprised that Deacon would want to spend another five years doing this instead of exploring other venues with musicians his own age. Where does this leave Vince and his career ? This just sounds crazy to me.

Deacon is basically foregoing having his own identity for several years, singing his father's songs, playing his father's music, living his father's life...but he'll be well compensated. He obviously thinks it's worth it.

Vince hasn't had much of a solo career, so it's no great loss to give it up for the so-called Eagles if he doesn't mind playing second fiddle... And it appears he doesn't.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Deacon is basically foregoing having his own identity for several years, singing his father's songs, playing his father's music, living his father's life...but he'll be well compensated. He obviously thinks it's worth it.

Vince hasn't had much of a solo career, so it's no great loss to give it up for the Eagles if he doesn't mind playing second fiddle... And it appears he doesn't.
    That's basically how I see it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Do you guys think Deacon is talented enough to go on his own and do his own thing? I think he’s pretty good but not he’s not the star his dad was. I think it’s a wise decision from his end as he can improve himself for a couple years get some more recognition before he decides to go on his own. I’m also afraid the music the Eagles play isn’t exactly mainstream anymore so if he likes the stuff the Eagles play, finding a market to grow might be hard. It’s a tough but exciting place for him to be

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Bit hesitant to post here, but this seems to be where the discussion is.

At present we know nothing of Deacon's songwriting ability. He can sing and play, but in terms of going out on his own he needs songs. There has been discussion in the past that many artists who don't write their own songs, e.g. in C&W.

I suspect that there will be a Deacon Frey album at some time. But, probably some time in the future. As said above, he has time to work on it.

Stuck on the Border

"The “Hotel California” hit makers". Well, true, Don and Joe are still there. Anyway, perhaps Deacon has plans for himself at the same time he's doing this. The Eagles thing isn't necessarily the only thing he's doing. An interview with him would help. Otherwise we can only speculate.
    Last edited by chaim; 11-21-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Taking a positive view, it seems that they must be all feeling in good health and capable of continuing for another four years.

(Of course, now the precedent has been set, they could continue without Timothy or Joe or even Don)