Page 91 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Whenever a reviewer points to a whole group of people (in this case people who don't like the band without Glenn) and suggests they have a problem with themselvess, he's making a total jerk of himself (unless done as a little joke). By all means say that the band is fine, just don't write bizarre crap about people who don't agree.

EDIT:

I don't have a problem with people who enjoy the current band. WHY do they insist on having a problem with me??? It's not like I'm following the band around, handing "No Glenn, no Eagles" leaflets at concerts.
    Perhaps people like this reviewer feel we look down on them, and they lash out at us as a result.

Of course, there's another theory. Maybe, just maybe, he's defensive because deep down in his heart, he knows it's wrong, and he's taking it out on us.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Thanks for the info about the musicals, Dawn. I'm not saying that a jukebox musical for Glenn wouldn't be good - I just think it's unlikely to happen; whereas, I think the Hotel California one could have become a reality if Glenn had lived. The thing is Hotel California would have had Glenn's fingerprints all over it, which I believe would have taken it to a whole 'nother level. Glenn once told Soda, PLS, and I that he would have liked to do the musical score for a film one day. So, I think this project for Glenn was similar in that it allowed him to express his musical arrangement and production talents. But, I've learned to never say never - anything is possible.

And groupie - not only is the review insulting and disrespectful to Glenn, but to Eagles fans as well - not to mention that it is ignorant.

He has the nerve to tell us to "think again" and to get over ourselves. And then after going on at length about how good the show was and how much Deacon sounds like Glenn, he makes a full disclosure that this is the first 'Eagles' concert he has ever been to. Give me a break! Again, I have no problem with a critic telling me how they feel, but I have a huge problem with them telling me how I should feel. As I once read, everyone has the right to be stupid, but this guy is abusing the privilege.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Perhaps people like this reviewer feel we look down on them, and they lash out at us as a result.

Of course, there's another theory. Maybe, just maybe, he's defensive because deep down in his heart, he knows it's wrong, and he's taking it out on us.
    Attack the messenger ... means it's beyond their menta/emotional capablility

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

There is NO WAY they can justify what they have done without using Deacon as an emotional hook and relying on brand name Vince Gill. Henley is not up to par per the review I am reading and Joe Walsh sounds like he is showing his age as well.

The reviewer admits his shortcomings - he simply took it too far. He should have presented the other side of the issue by interviewing stay- away fans since he made so many allegations and assumptions about them. Very one sided biased interview loses credibility.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    There is NO WAY they can justify what they have done without using Deacon as an emotional hook and relying on brand name Vince Gill. Henley is not up to par per the review I am reading and Joe Walsh sounds like he is showing his age as well.

The reviewer admits his shortcomings - he simply took it too far. He should have presented the other side of the issue by interviewing stay- away fans since he made so many allegations and assumptions about them. Very one sided biased interview loses credibility.
    Apparently his lack of experience may only cloud our views of his opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Whenever a reviewer points to a whole group of people (in this case people who don't like the band without Glenn) and suggests they have a problem with themselvess, he's making a total jerk of himself (unless done as a little joke). By all means say that the band is fine, just don't write bizarre crap about people who don't agree.

EDIT:

I don't have a problem with people who enjoy the current band. WHY do they insist on having a problem with me??? It's not like I'm following the band around, handing "No Glenn, no Eagles" leaflets at concerts.
    Right?? There was no need for the reviewer to attack the fans like that, it was like a slap in the face. He could say he enjoyed the concert without being so nasty about it.

I wonder why all of the reviews have been so positive. I haven't read a review that said, it's NOT right without Glenn, it's not the same. Is Irving or the band paying these people to write positive reviews? The press wasn't always so kind to the Eagles, back in the day.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Right?? There was no need for the reviewer to attack the fans like that, it was like a slap in the face. He could say he enjoyed the concert without being so nasty about it.

I wonder why all of the reviews have been so positive. I haven't read a review that said, it's NOT right without Glenn, it's not the same. Is Irving or the band paying these people to write positive reviews? The press wasn't always so kind to the Eagles, back in the day.
    Strange, isn't it? It's not that I expect reviewers to say that the band sucks, but this "awesome, perhaps even better than ever" stuff everywhere is....very strange. (especially since bands rarely get better than ever when the members are about seventy) Personally I feel that some people are so amazed by the band continuing - seeing it as a survival story - that whatever they do, it's magnificent.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-12-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post

IMHO

1. I gotta believe there are people in Glenn's inner circle who even if they support Deacon being in the band could and would certainly disagree that the band sounds better without Glenn. The conflict is in speaking candidly about how they really feel with the band engaged in a full on mega big bucks tour and employing a couple of Freys, Henleys and a host of other folks dependent on the band for income. i think it is unrealistic family friends and/or relatives would do anything but tow the line.

2. Azoff has been managing the band since the very early days and owes alot of his own fame and fortune to Frey and Henley and to a lesser degree, Walsh and Schmit. The Classic East/West was Azoff's answer to the huge money maker Desert Trip 2016. Eagles Tour 2018 definitly isn't his first rodeo. Publicity, press kits and releases, free tickets and merch, radio interviews it's all about PROMOTION and PROMOTERS. Local news publications with in house and free lance concert reviewers have a job to do mot unlime radio and television stations. yhey are competing for readers, viewers and listeners.

3. I think Cameron Crowe has proven himself to be one of the most intelligent, skilled music industry reviewers and critics. He was very close to Glenn Frey and I hope he is seeing thru the smoke and mirrors but even then what's he going to say or do.

4. Social media rife with paid followers and promoters.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.

I shared my thoughts in the comments section of that article. I'm thinking about sending the guy an email too. What an @sshole, pardon my French. But I'm sick and tired of being told it's the same or better and that we need to "get over it".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I shared my thoughts in the comments section of that article. I'm thinking about sending the guy an email too. What an @sshole, pardon my French. But I'm sick and tired of being told it's the same or better and that we need to "get over it".
    "Totally hogwash." I like that. I don't think e-mailing him will get us anywhere though. I suggest we let him have his day.