Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Toni - I agree that emailing the critic won't go anywhere, but I say if it makes Austin feel better and helps him vent, then go for it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Right?? There was no need for the reviewer to attack the fans like that, it was like a slap in the face. He could say he enjoyed the concert without being so nasty about it.

I wonder why all of the reviews have been so positive. I haven't read a review that said, it's NOT right without Glenn, it's not the same. Is Irving or the band paying these people to write positive reviews? The press wasn't always so kind to the Eagles, back in the day.
    I have had exactly the same thoughts.

However, I made a vow that I would no longer read these reviews, so I didn't read this one.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    "Totally hogwash." I like that. I don't think e-mailing him will get us anywhere though. I suggest we let him have his day.
    Hahaha, better than total "horse@#$%" I guess!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

More and more I am beginning to realize the far reaching ripple effect of what Henley, Azoff, the other band members have done.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Glenn had the vision to make a Broadway musical venture about Eagles music a success and the tenacity to get it done. I do believe that was the game plan.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Hahaha, better than total "horse@#$%" I guess!
    Heve the comments been removed? I was going to see if there are more of them, but I can't find even the previous ones.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    More and more I am beginning to realize the far reaching ripple effect of what Henley, Azoff, the other band members have done.
    Yep - I think that's what many of us have feared all along. The precedent has been set and who knows where it will take us. This may be just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Heve the comments been removed? I was going to see if there are more of them, but I can't find even the previous ones.
    Wow! How lame. I can't see them either. So, apparently, the guy with all the experience of one concert under his belt can dish it out, but he can't take it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Perhaps the reviewers seeing the shows go in with lowered expectations and therefore they are happy that those expectations are exceeded. I know some go further than that, but in that most recent review, he didn't have anything to compare it with.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yep - I think that's what many of us have feared all along. The precedent has been set any who knows where it will take us. This may be just the beginning.

Wow! How lame. I can't see them either. So, apparently, the guy with all the experience of one concert under his belt can dish it out, but he can't take it.

What a jerk that guy is !

Seems to be taking the high and mighty road rather than be gracious and accept that fans are divided on this new lineup and those who don't support the new band do not deserve to be ridiculed or shamed.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-13-2018 at 03:51 PM.