Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
Yes, I understand that & understand that we are talking about the treatment of the UC before the pneumonia developed. I believe he was supposed to have his large intestine removed but then the pneumonia developed. I just wonder how exactly it should have been prevented given the issue of the RA medication. I also personally find some of the language used distressingly emotive. Of course he was sick; he was dying.
The way I understand what I have read about the basis of the 'wrongful death' lawsuit is at the time this doctor was treating Glenn that he was not, in fact, dying; furthermore the complaint alledges that if he had been properly diagnosed and all of his symptoms had been properly treated at that time, then his 'wrongful death' would have been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
Yes, she does have access information that we don't have, but that doesn't mean she's automatically right. I feel bad for everything she and her family have suffered, but that doesn't mean I blindly agree with her actions. As I said, I don't know enough to comment one way or another. I can't say that it's right or wrong. I know nothing about Cindy Frey, other than, as others have commented, she seems to be a positive person, and I'm sure she's been through a lot. If, indeed, there was negligence, then I'm glad she's doing it. But I also feel that the amount of malpractice suits in this country is disturbing. So, either way, I feel sad.
Of course, I don't believe anyone here is claiming that Cindy is automatically right or that we are blindly agreeing with her actions. However, at this point, I choose to believe that there must be some merit to her complaints and that she or her attorney's would not file a frivolous lawsuit. As others have said, why would she put herself and her children through this public anguish if she doesn't believe she has a case? None of us knows either side, and the outcome is for the courts to decide. However, I do hope that this can be settled out of court to spare us the public spectacle about the gory details of Glenn's last months.