Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sues for wrongful death

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

I've totally missed this thread. This makes me so sad.

Stuck on the Border

When Glenn passed, Irving gave a statement to a newspaper stating Glenn's meds caused the Pneumonia and UC. If you listen to those commercials, they list both as a possible side effect from taking the medication.
    Dawn is right about the infection timeline from what info was given when he passed. It seems he caught a first bout of Pneumonia, was hospitalized, and the surgery could not be performed due to the Pneumonia. While still in the hospital Bob S. stated Glenn caught a more severe strain of Pneumonia and never recovered from that.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I have decided that I won't read any of the details of this lawsuit should specific information be revealed. I want to remember Glenn on stage being the ultimate "master of ceremonies" and his singing and guitar skills. What more do I really need to know except he is no longer alive. My opinion is that if people want to read the details they should and if they would rather not, then don't. We all have free will and freedom of choice.
    I feel the same way, although I hope it is ruled in the family's favor. I want to remember Glenn as that talented, handsome, funny and soulful guy. I have a hard time watching some of the interviews (like on The Dan Patrick Show) where you can see his failing health.

Update on the lawsuit. The doctor being sued says Glenn's future earnings wouldn't have been worth $12 million.

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/10/docto...i06sQiB1yH16Ak

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Update on the lawsuit. The doctor being sued says Glenn's future earnings wouldn't have been worth $12 million.

I had wondered what was going on with this. Thanks, CAinOH.

I say, of course he could have made that much. And I don't think that you could make a proper estimate of future income simply by looking at previous years' income. Think of the potential from a successful musical, or a book or video releases (if he had chosen to do so). So many possibilities.
    I'm glad Cindy insisted on confidentiality. It's no one's business.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post

This guy is unbelievable.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

All you have to do is look at the kind of money the guys are pulling in now sans Glenn to see that he would have been making money hand over fist for the past two years, had he lived.

This doctor must be afraid of losing if he's trying to minimize the damages....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Would be interesting to know how much Don Henley earned during the last couple of years touring with the Eagles and through other revenue generating sources eg. Concert merchandise, new album releases, etc. Henley and Frey were co-founders of the band so I think it could be helpful in terms of determining potential lost income.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Dawn, I totally agree. I think Glenn could have made much more than the $12 million stated. They were the 4th highest grossing tour last year according to an article posted on the Border. You also have to figure merchandising and record sales, which included the 40th Annv. release of HC. I also think he was worth much more than $90 million. If Don's income is estimated at over $200 million than I would assume Glenn's would be close to that. if it is one thing the Eagles knew how to do, it was make money. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, just using it as a point to show Glenn would probably gross more than $12 million.

PS - Do Don, Joe & Tim split the same amount for touring ? Or, does Don make more as the lone surviving original Eagle ? Just wondering.....

The article doesn’t provide a lot of details about disputing the $12 million claim other than Cindy not turning over financial records, in which case it’s understandable why the defendant is fighting it. That being said, didn’t Lindsey Buckingham claim that he lost out on $14 million by not going out on the latest FM tour? It seems perfectly reasonable that Glenn would have made a similar amount had he been able to tour this past year.

Thanks for posting, CAinOH.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I also think he was worth much more than $90 million. If Don's income is estimated at over $200 million than I would assume Glenn's would be close to that. if it is one thing the Eagles knew how to do, it was make money. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, just using it as a point to show Glenn would probably gross more than $12 million.

PS - Do Don, Joe & Tim split the same amount for touring ? Or, does Don make more as the lone surviving original Eagle ? Just wondering.....
    I’m not sure if we’re talking about income or net worth here. But to me it makes sense that Don’s ​net worth is greater than Glenn’s (estate). Don sold a lot more records during his solo career than Glenn did plus he toured more. For example, compare their concert review threads in the Eagles On the Road sub-forum. That was just in the last 10-12 years. I could be wrong but I don’t think Glenn toured very much in the 80s either, which were his peak success years, solo-wise. I doubt his acting stints made up for it, financially-speaking. He also probably had to pay a hefty divorce settlement to his first wife.

Interesting question about the split between Don, Joe and Timothy. My guess is Don makes more for the same reasons he and Glenn made more for the HFO tour; however I would think Joe has a lot more leverage these days.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...