Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sues for wrongful death

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

Yeah - I'm pretty sure Glenn could have exceeded $12 million in future earnings if he had lived. I've said all along that I don't believe that Cindy would have pursued this if she didn't believe her claims had some legitimacy. I still think that the lawsuits will be settled at some point. I sure hope so - as a fan, I don't want to see this turned into fodder for the tabloid media.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The article doesn’t provide a lot of details about disputing the $12 million claim other than Cindy not turning over financial records, in which case it’s understandable why the defendant is fighting it. That being said, didn’t Lindsey Buckingham claim that he lost out on $14 million by not going out on the latest FM tour? It seems perfectly reasonable that Glenn would have made a similar amount had he been able to tour this past year.

Thanks for posting, CAinOH.

I’m not sure if we’re talking about income or net worth here. But to me it makes sense that Don’s ​net worth is greater than Glenn’s (estate). Don sold a lot more records during his solo career than Glenn did plus he toured more. For example, compare their concert review threads in the Eagles On the Road sub-forum. That was just in the last 10-12 years. I could be wrong but I don’t think Glenn toured very much in the 80s either, which were his peak success years, solo-wise. I doubt his acting stints made up for it, financially-speaking. He also probably had to pay a hefty divorce settlement to his first wife.

Interesting question about the split between Don, Joe and Timothy. My guess is Don makes more for the same reasons he and Glenn made more for the HFO tour; however I would think Joe has a lot more leverage these days.
    Hi Delilah ! Yes, I thought about the touring and realize Glenn did not tour as much as Don and did not sell as many records as Don(he also had to cancel tours because of illness). So, that all makes sense. I also doubt he made a bundle in his acting stints as he had no acting career before that. I always thought one reason why he disliked "Plaintiff" so much was he probably had to pay a bundle in his divorce settlement. However, I figured he probably had good investments from which he would make good money. I know Celebrity Net Worth is only an estimate but I thought 90 million seemed low.

Delilah, I figured the same thing regarding the tour. I just thought I would mention it. I also feel Don is making more money. I also agree that Joe has more leverage than Tim(no offense Tim fans).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Regarding Glenn's net worth, I dare say he also spent more money than Don over the years. He had a larger extended family than Don and I would guess that he shared some of his wealth with them. It is well-known that he purchased several homes for his parents and paid for his youngest brother's college education, but I'd bet there is a lot that isn't public knowledge.

As far as Joe and Tim, of course, none of us knows the current financial agreement, but to be honest, I would be shocked if Joe earns more than Tim. They have always been compensated the same since they first joined the band, so my guess is that this remains unchanged. Of course, Joe earns much more from his James Gang and solo careers.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

[QUOTE=Ive always been a dreamer;I'd bet there is a lot that isn't public knowledge.

I agree. I remember a cousin said here on the Border that Glenn paid for their grandmother's care. It brings to mind his saying that 'God loves a quiet giver' when pressed to list his charitable benefactors.
    i admire that very much.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

I actually thought the lawsuit was over and done with until I saw this today. I believe it's a good thing his wife is doing since many times the hospital is to blame in situations like this, so I'm definitely in support of her search for answers. I know no one wants the details of his last moments to become public so I'm not sure what's going to happen now.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/18/judge...ul-death-suit/

@WW92 -- No, I think this is going to go on for some while longer. I suspect (not being an attorney or anything) what may happen next is, since it was denied based on the fact that being famous didn't entitle him to that privacy, that Cindy's lawyers will search for precedent where other such records WERE sealed for celebrities and will appeal the decision. Precedent is a big deal under the law, and if they can find other cases where the records were sealed in such instances, then that would strengthen their case. Assuming, of course, they haven't already done so.

Otherwise, I'm guessing the lawyers will keep what they can under wraps, and the case will go forward.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @WW92 -- No, I think this is going to go on for some while longer. I suspect (not being an attorney or anything) what may happen next is, since it was denied based on the fact that being famous didn't entitle him to that privacy, that Cindy's lawyers will search for precedent where other such records WERE sealed for celebrities and will appeal the decision. Precedent is a big deal under the law, and if they can find other cases where the records were sealed in such instances, then that would strengthen their case. Assuming, of course, they haven't already done so.

Otherwise, I'm guessing the lawyers will keep what they can under wraps, and the case will go forward.
    I'm hoping they can keep the medical stuff private and sealed. Not necessary for the world to know that stuff.

@NKIT -- No, it's not at all necessary. You're right. I can't see where it serves the cause of justice in any way. It's not a criminal trial. It's a civil proceeding and judges seal cases all the time. I don't think it serves the public interest, either. Glenn's financial particulars are none of my business, and I think the public knows as much about what happened to him medically as we need to know. There's just not a compelling reason for all this to be public, in my opinion. Celebrity should have nothing to do with it. Regular folks should also be afforded privacy in such matters. But as I said elsewhere, this may be a quirk of law peculiar to New York state. I don't know.

I think it was wrong to suggest that this is a case of a celebrity wanting special treatment. While no one wants their personal and financial records public, regular folks don't have a horde of reporters anxious to tell all on the internet and in publications worldwide.

It comes off to me as a way of attempting to strong arm Cindy to drop the suit. They could be provided the information without it being public fodder. They mistreated her husband, and now they're bullying her, IMO. Shame on them.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 04-23-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

This is so wrong! Shame on that judge.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."