Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sues for wrongful death

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    They had to know all the side effects for years before. There must be more to the story.
    I'm praying that's the case and I'm on the side with everyone hoping that they investigate and find out it wasn't negligence. I'm sure that's what his family is hoping as well.

I can't say this really surprises me.. I've wondered if there was some malpractice involved for a while now. I still don't understand the need for the coma or why they couldn't bring him out of it. But I try not to think of him like that, it just makes me too sad. If there was any negligence on the part of the doctor or the hospital, I hope they are found accountable.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I can't say this really surprises me.. I've wondered if there was some malpractice involved for a while now. I still don't understand the need for the coma or why they couldn't bring him out of it. But I try not to think of him like that, it just makes me too sad. If there was any negligence on the part of the doctor or the hospital, I hope they are found accountable.
    From what I read when they tried to bring him out of the coma he was unable to breathe.

I don't know enough about the case to have suspected malpractice and quite frankly I would rather not think about it further.

I think it's a shame that literally the day before the anniversary (in my case) this has happened. I wanted to try & remember Glenn in a positive way but the entire two years has just been a nightmare from that viewpoint. I suppose Mrs Frey has her reasons for doing this but I really would prefer not to hear about it.

Border Desperado

2 year statute of limitations to file for suspected negligence

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    2 year statute of limitations to file for suspected negligence
    I'm aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    I'm praying that's the case and I'm on the side with everyone hoping that they investigate and find out it wasn't negligence. I'm sure that's what his family is hoping as well.
    None of us wants this to be true, but I don't understand why we're talking about this like the family is asking politely for an investigation. They're filing a lawsuit.

You don't sue someone because you think it's a possibility that they might have been negligent, but you hope they weren't.

You sue because you have reason to believe they WERE negligent, and you want them to pay.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post

From what I read, when his pneumonia became so severe he had trouble breathing, they put Glenn in a drug induced coma and on a ventilator. The doctors tried to remove him from the ventilator but he could not breath well enough on his own. If I remember right, Bob said he recovered from a first bout of pneumonia but came down with a second case of it.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm aware of that.
    just mentioned it for others reading the thread who may also be wondering
    why now? the comment wasn’t directed only towards you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Wow, I feel so bad for the Frey family.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

It is telling to me that one particular doctor who saw him only in Oct. And Nov. is involved. We know from Bob that he saw many doctors, and was in the hospital for a month and a half after this time. But she did not sue the doctors who were treating him when he passed away. It seems she feels the eventual outcome was due to the actions\inaction of this guy.
    It's just such a terrible tragedy, and a horrible experience for her to revisit. I commend her for fighting for what she feels is right.
    I would think she had much to deal with before this.
    Prayers for the family.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."