Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sues for wrongful death

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

My thoughts are with Cindy and the Frey family.

Glenn's multiple autoimmune conditions (RA and UC) and the medicine to treat them means that you are way more susceptible to bad infections.

I hope everything works out for them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    just mentioned it for others reading the thread who may also be wondering
    why now? the comment wasn’t directed only towards you
    My previous post had mentioned that it's two years tomorrow on my time frame, and therefore I thought it reasonable that you were replying to me, even though you didn't quote me.

Some of the details revealed by Bob Seger had me wondering if the family would pursue legal action, but I thought it might have been against the drug company. Although getting pneumonia at least twice, when his medical team were aware he was immunocompromised, raised red flags with me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You sue because you have reason to believe they WERE negligent, and you want them to pay.
    I agree. That this lawsuit was filed at the last minute before the statute of limitations expires seems to indicate they did not consider other options viable. Glenn seemed to be someone who valued his privacy and his family is probably just as private. I’m sure this was undertaken with a lot of serious consideration, knowing that a lot of medical information may become a matter of public record. Hopefully the case will be settled, Cindy and the kids can avoid a long, drawn-out emotionally-draining legal battle, and Glenn’s privacy will remain intact. I wish that could have happened with Randy.

According to the article, the GI doc and the hospital are being sued.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I hope whatever the investigation reveals, that it helps give Cindy some peace and some closure. My prayers are certainly with her and the family.

I'm wondering if anyone knows...I don't remember...was Glenn transferred to a different hospital after November?

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    I hope whatever the investigation reveals, that it helps give Cindy some peace and some closure. My prayers are certainly with her and the family.
    Absolutely, Pippinwhite.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    None of us wants this to be true, but I don't understand why we're talking about this like the family is asking politely for an investigation. They're filing a lawsuit.

You don't sue someone because you think it's a possibility that they might have been negligent, but you hope they weren't.

You sue because you have reason to believe they WERE negligent, and you want them to pay.
    I’m not always well versed in the legal system but my thought was that maybe the family was waiting for answers for two years and they didn’t get any and they were left no choice. If the hospital and doctor can prove they did everything they were supposed to then the lawsuit is done. Apologies I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone knows...I don't remember...was Glenn transferred to a different hospital after November?
    It would appear that at the time this lawsuit refers to he was in Mt Sinai Hospital. In November I think he was then transferred to the Columbia Medical Centre which is where he died.

Border Desperado

It appears that so far, the treating doctor's medical license is still in good standing with the board of medical examiners in New York State. That could change though as the case progresses I suppose. In Massachusetts it is often commonplace to report a medical provider to the medical board first, and to carry on litigation after the provider is found guilty, but all states work independently.

Autoimmune diseases are very tricky. The doctors I work with( who are top notch) are often left scratching their heads. My patients are frustrated and left in tears and having one myself I can say first hand how much they suck.

Hopefully there wasn't any negligence. If there was, it's a good thing Cindy probably has an excellent legal team because a lot of these medications you see on TV to treat rheumatoid arthritis or ulcerative colitis will not only cause immunosuppression and make you more susceptible to hospital acquired pneumonia, but to other autoimmune illnesses as well, which can complicate the case even if the defendant is guilty. I am sure her legal team is probably composed of individuals who are licensed to practice both law and medicine in New York state and if the doctor in question did not perform preliminary tests prior to treating Glenn, they will immediately find this in discovery.

Poor Glenn. He didn't sign up for any of this.

*Edited
    Last edited by VillageGirl; 01-17-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    I’m not always well versed in the legal system but my thought was that maybe the family was waiting for answers for two years and they didn’t get any and they were left no choice. If the hospital and doctor can prove they did everything they were supposed to then the lawsuit is done. Apologies I didn’t mean to offend anyone.
    Hi Elizasong, you actually bring up a good point that there will be information uncovered during the process of discovery that the defendants have no choice but to provide. However I don’t believe Glenn’s family would invite unwanted publicity and risk his privacy unless there was a strong belief that negligence occurred. JMO. FWIW, I’m not offended.