Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 133

Thread: Sues for wrongful death

  1. #51
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,543

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, I understand that & understand that we are talking about the treatment of the UC before the pneumonia developed. I believe he was supposed to have his large intestine removed but then the pneumonia developed. I just wonder how exactly it should have been prevented given the issue of the RA medication. I also personally find some of the language used distressingly emotive. Of course he was sick; he was dying.
    The way I understand what I have read about the basis of the 'wrongful death' lawsuit is at the time this doctor was treating Glenn that he was not, in fact, dying; furthermore the complaint alledges that if he had been properly diagnosed and all of his symptoms had been properly treated at that time, then his 'wrongful death' would have been prevented.

    Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Yes, she does have access information that we don't have, but that doesn't mean she's automatically right. I feel bad for everything she and her family have suffered, but that doesn't mean I blindly agree with her actions. As I said, I don't know enough to comment one way or another. I can't say that it's right or wrong. I know nothing about Cindy Frey, other than, as others have commented, she seems to be a positive person, and I'm sure she's been through a lot. If, indeed, there was negligence, then I'm glad she's doing it. But I also feel that the amount of malpractice suits in this country is disturbing. So, either way, I feel sad.
    Of course, I don't believe anyone here is claiming that Cindy is automatically right or that we are blindly agreeing with her actions. However, at this point, I choose to believe that there must be some merit to her complaints and that she or her attorney's would not file a frivolous lawsuit. As others have said, why would she put herself and her children through this public anguish if she doesn't believe she has a case? None of us knows either side, and the outcome is for the courts to decide. However, I do hope that this can be settled out of court to spare us the public spectacle about the gory details of Glenn's last months.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  2. #52
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    The way I understand what I have read about the basis of the 'wrongful death' lawsuit is at the time this doctor was treating Glenn that he was not, in fact, dying; furthermore the complaint alledges that if he had been properly diagnosed and all of his symptoms had been properly treated at that time, then his 'wrongful death' would have been prevented.



    Of course, I don't believe anyone here is claiming that Cindy is automatically right or that we are blindly agreeing with her actions. However, at this point, I choose to believe that there must be some merit to her complaints and that she or her attorney's would not file a frivolous lawsuit. As others have said, why would she put herself and her children through this public anguish if she doesn't believe she has a case? None of us knows either side, and the outcome is for the courts to decide. However, I do hope that this can be settled out of court to spare us the public spectacle about the gory details of Glenn's last months.
    I was talking about the prevention of the pneumonia. I wondered how they were supposed to have prevented it given the already weakened immune system. Incorrect diagnosis is another thing, of course. I also do realise that the language used about his state of health then refers to this specific period; however I still found it extremely distressing to read.

    I'm not going into any more back & forth on the merits of this. Like others I also hope it is settled quickly.

  3. #53
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,543

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    But FP, allegedly one of his symptoms that this doctor ignored was the respiratory issues. I assume the complaint is that if this had been treated right away, then the pneumonia would have been prevented.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  4. #54
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    I don't think we will hear much more than what has been released publically to date unless some one leaks additional details which I truly hope won't happen.

    What I am confiused about is the timeline for the two bouts of pneumonia. It sounds like they were very close together which would certainly be a very tough spot to be in IMHO.


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  5. #55
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    But FP, allegedly one of his symptoms that this doctor ignored was the respiratory issues. I assume the complaint is that if this had been treated right away, then the pneumonia would have been prevented.
    Yes, I see that. I take your point.

  6. #56
    Moderator Glennsallnighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!
    Posts
    13,680

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    My father got pneumonia last summer. it started with a chesty cough. 24 hours later he was in hospital. He spent 4 weeks there and another 4 weeks in the nursing home before he died. How did he catch it? No one has a clue as he rarely left the house and it was the middle of summer. None of the people who visited the house (us, carers, physio, the odd neighbour) had it or could have transmitted it to him. Point is we just don't know. Its quite possible NOBODY knows how Glenn caught it. Suppose someone close to him like a family member just spoke to someone who was incubating the bacteria, the bacteria transferred to them, they spoke to Glenn later that day. It happens. Even with the best possible care it can happen. Nobody wants it to. But it did

    Hell I don't know what I'm trying to say here at all
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

  7. #57
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    My father got pneumonia last summer. it started with a chesty cough. 24 hours later he was in hospital. He spent 4 weeks there and another 4 weeks in the nursing home before he died. How did he catch it? No one has a clue as he rarely left the house and it was the middle of summer. None of the people who visited the house (us, carers, physio, the odd neighbour) had it or could have transmitted it to him. Point is we just don't know. Its quite possible NOBODY knows how Glenn caught it. Suppose someone close to him like a family member just spoke to someone who was incubating the bacteria, the bacteria transferred to them, they spoke to Glenn later that day. It happens. Even with the best possible care it can happen. Nobody wants it to. But it did

    Hell I don't know what I'm trying to say here at all
    I know what you mean.

    I also wonder was it the gastroentrologist's role to identify the respiratory problem. I suppose if it wasn't his role, someone else in the hospital should have. I don't know. Was it really 'ignored' as is claimed or did it happen to fast for anything to be done. As I already said, the immune system was so weakened that he was more vulnerable to it.

  8. #58
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    20,835

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    Another thing with pneumonia is that the less active you are, the worse it can become and harder to get over. Just laying around causes it to settle in your lungs. We know Glenn was bedridden at this time.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

  9. #59
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

    Poor Glenn. I feel so sad ... there are no words.


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  10. #60

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •