Thread: Film of LROOE songs?

Default Film of LROOE songs?

I'm still getting through the 4-hour Capitol Gold interview that is on the Fun Stuff page of the Downloads and I just got to Part 2 - Track 5 (Hotel California) and Don said that they were going to be making a film of some of the LROOE songs "before a small studio audience" in LA. Does anyone know anything more about this? Has it been filmed? If not, are there still plans to film it? He also mentions something about Glenn doing some musical theatre. Any news on that? I'm assuming that now that they are starting their tour, some of these projects are going to be put on hold. Of course, he also said that they were not planning on touring in 2008 and he seemed to be wrong (or at least coy) about that. I'm relying on all of you knowledgeable Eagles aficionados to help me sort through the fact and fiction of what Don said.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border

I think a lot of these things were said before the album turned out to be such a phenomenal success. I never heard anything about Glenn ever doing his role in 'Chicago'. Glenn supposedly had plans to record a big band album in the spring too. As for the filming of songs from the album, I would imagine that it is on the list of things to do.

If they thought they could make a good amount of money off of a LROOE concert film, I imagine they would find a way to do one. An intriguing idea would be to do a show at the Troubadour like Carole King and James Taylor did.

But yeah, as far as the other plans we heard being tossed about for this spring... I think it's a safe bet most of them have been pushed to the wayside for the Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    If they thought they could make a good amount of money off of a LROOE concert film, I imagine they would find a way to do one. An intriguing idea would be to do a show at the Troubadour like Carole King and James Taylor did.

But yeah, as far as the other plans we heard being tossed about for this spring... I think it's a safe bet most of them have been pushed to the wayside for the Eagles.
    If they want to make a DVD of the gig I'm at (like F1) they are perfectly welcome to allow me to star! For payment ...in kind
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

You are so bad, GA!

As for Eagles plans, both for the band and the individual band members, I've learnt to not take anything that the boys say to heart until they actually DO it. We expected the LROOE tour to commence towards the end of the year and continue into 2009, but now they're kicking it off in March!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    You are so bad, GA!
    I know :P
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP