Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Favorite TV Shows

I thought it might be fun to start a topic on Favorite TV Shows, past & present.

Some of you know I have always been a big fan of Don Johnson. I seem to have this fatal weakness when it comes to Dons....

Anyway, I loved him in Miami Vice (I particularly love the episode with Glenn in it, but I digress... ) and I was also a big fan of his second series Nash Bridges. One of our local stations has begun airing reruns of Nash Bridges and I watched one show last night. The show is even more interesting to me now because it was shot on location in San Francisco, and we went there two years ago on our wonderful vacation to see the Eagles on their Hotel California tour. Watching Nash speed up and down those steep streets and chase criminals through the fog surrounding the Golden Gate bridge is very nostalgic for me now. Brings back wonderful memories of a fantastic trip.

So, in the episode I watched last night, Nash catches the bad guy and forces a confession out of him, and as he and his partner Joe are walking away, Joe laughs and says, "Man, that guy sang just like Don Henley!"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm a big fan of Don's also, DF. Loved both of those shows, too! That comment about Don H is too funny!

A couple of my other favorite past shows were Friends and Will & Grace. I just hated it when they quit making those. I thought Will & Grace should have been called Jack & Karen. Those two were hilarious!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I loved both those shows too, Brooke.
    I especially loved Friends--all of those characters were so different & funny & endearing. Courteney Cox is from my hometown--her mother still lives here--and every now & then she comes back to town and the media makes a big deal out of it.

One of my favorite shows now is Two & a Half Men. It is hilarious!

Fun topic! I love that DH reference in Nash Bridges. DF, if you see that the Glenn episode of NB is coming on, could you please record it? The version I have of the show is low-quality and I'm always on the lookout for an upgrade.

Friends was one of my favorite shows EVER. I bought all ten seasons. I absolutely loved Chandler especially, and thought it was so cool that he got with Monica.

I also loved re-runs of The Monkees (until it got freaky at the end), Remington Steele, The A-Team, Law and Order, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Firefly, and Mystery Science Theater 3000.

As you can see, I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan. My current sci-fi favorite is Eureka.

I don't have a lot of time to watch TV nowadays so I don't know too many more current shows. I do make time to watch The Daily Show in the evening. I've also gotten drawn into those VH1 Celeb-reality shows, I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit. They are good for brain candy when I'm feeling stressed and tired of thinking about my dissertation.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ooh, I forgot that Glenn guest-starred on Nash Bridges too! I'll be on the lookout for that episode for you, Nancy.

You said you like sci-fi--do you watch Battlestar Gallactica? I was a fan of the original BG in the late 1970s, and we love the new one now, although the two shows are so different it seems the only thing they share is the name. For example, I had kind of a crush on the guy who played the original Starbucks--Dirk Benedict-- but in the new series Starbucks is a woman! In the original series Starbucks' girlfriend, Athena, was played by Maren Jensen who I found out (many years later) was Don Henley's longtime girlfriend at the time.

Sometimes I am amazed at the roundabout DH connections in my life--it is like playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, only with DH instead!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Although I majored in Science in college, Sci fi was never my greatest love. Hospital dramas are, with my favourite being ER. Its due back soon for another winter season. Another show I like is Desperate Housewives (OK I'm sad, I know!). The plots get crazier and there are so many twists in the stories that if you miss even one you are lost by the next episode. After those I don't tend to watch much TV. On nights in alone I prefer to watch my Eagles and Glenn concerts and make no apology to anyone for that!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Ooh, I forgot that Glenn guest-starred on Nash Bridges too! I'll be on the lookout for that episode for you, Nancy.
    Thanks!

You said you like sci-fi--do you watch Battlestar Gallactica? I was a fan of the original BG in the late 1970s, and we love the new one now, although the two shows are so different it seems the only thing they share is the name. For example, I had kind of a crush on the guy who played the original Starbucks--Dirk Benedict-- but in the new series Starbucks is a woman! In the original series Starbucks' girlfriend, Athena, was played by Maren Jensen who I found out (many years later) was Don Henley's longtime girlfriend at the time.

Sometimes I am amazed at the roundabout DH connections in my life--it is like playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, only with DH instead!
    BG was a little before my time, although Dirk Benedict was the reason I loved The A-Team so much! He was "Face" on that and one of my first crushes as a blossoming adolescent. lol That's funny about Starbucks! Kind of throws one for a loop!

Did you see the movie recently that they made? If so, how did it stack up?

Stuck on the Border

I remember loving the Monkees as a kid, and then re-discovered them in 1986 when Nick at Nite used to re-run the episodes. I would watch them during those midnight baby feedings. I recorded as many of them as I could and later on both of my boys loved watching them. They could sing the theme from the show when they were toddlers. I used to love the way Davey would say Peter's name - "Petah". My son, Peter, thinks he was named after his great-grandfather!

I've always been drawn to medical shows. I was fascinated by the show Emergency in the 70's. The concept of paramedics was brand new then, and I remember thinking it was so cool. I loved the 1st few seasons of ER with George Clooney, as well.

Now, I'd have to say my favorite shows are House (there's that medical thing again) and My Name is Earl. I think I know Earl-I may have gone to school with him.

I used to watch ER during my college days when it was fairly new, but I lost interest after some of my favorite characters left. It sure could be compelling drama though! I remember I was especially touched by an episode from the first season that ended with a simultaneous death of one person as another was born. It was a really vivid illustration of the circle of life.

We all have such similar tastes in TV--I love it! (I think this is supposed to be a computer icon but it looks a little like a TV icon to me.)

I loved the Monkees, and I'm so old I watched the shows both originally and when Nick at Nite ran them! I loved Davy Jones and many years later I actually got to meet him and get his autograph--there is a picture of me with Davy posted around here somewhere.

I also love medical shows. I have watched ER since the very beginning and you are right, Molly, that show was the absolute best when George Clooney was on it. It hasn't been the same since he left, and especially since they killed off Mark Greene.
    Now I like to watch Grey's Anatomy and House.

Dirk Benedict was a cutie, wasn't he? I didn't see the movie though.