Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live in Dublin, 1992

Default Live in Dublin, 1992

I was listening to Glenn's live album in my car while driving around on Saturday and then watched the DVD when I got home. Does anyone know if this was filmed over more than one night? On the CD, when introducing The One You Love, he says it is from his first solo album and introduces Al Garth. On the DVD, however, he says something totally different, something like "this is for anyone who's ever been in love." On the CD, when introducing Wild Mountain Thyme, he mentions The Byrds, but on the DVD, he doesn't. There are other examples too. I'm guessing it probably was filmed over more than one night, as these things usually are, but when I looked it up, it just said it was filmed on July 8, 1992.

On a side note, how many of Glenn's solo band musicians became part of the Eagles back-up band? I recognized Al Garth and Christian Mostert, but I didn't recognize the others.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Live in Dublin, 1992

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I was listening to Glenn's live album in my car while driving around on Saturday and then watched the DVD when I got home. Does anyone know if this was filmed over more than one night? On the CD, when introducing The One You Love, he says it is from his first solo album and introduces Al Garth. On the DVD, however, he says something totally different, something like "this is for anyone who's ever been in love." On the CD, when introducing Wild Mountain Thyme, he mentions The Byrds, but on the DVD, he doesn't. There are other examples too. I'm guessing it probably was filmed over more than one night, as these things usually are, but when I looked it up, it just said it was filmed on July 8, 1992.

On a side note, how many of Glenn's solo band musicians became part of the Eagles back-up band? I recognized Al Garth and Christian Mostert, but I didn't recognize the others.
    Some comments were edited on either the DVD or the CD. I suspect it was the DVD which was edited to run for 90 minutes precisely. As far as I know it was filmed on one night.

Only Al ,Christian and Greg Smith (baritone sax) were ever in the Eagles' backup band.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/band/greggsmith.htm

Thank you, FP! That explains why the comments were different.

Live in Dublin is now available in its entirety on Spotify. Yay!

One thing I will never understand why he performed a short version of PEF... when this song is already kinda short.
    1 min longer and they couldn't release the DVD?

I can understand Lyin' Eyes cos it was "mixed" with TIE, but PEF was all by itself...
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

luci - I don't recall that there was a shortened version of PEF on the DVD. I may be misremembering though since it's been a while since I listened to it. Anyway, I'll have to check it out again soon to refresh my memory. My, my - our work never ends here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

If I remember correctly, I think is was shorter too. Good excuse to watch it again!

yup, it's short.
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I totally don't remember that. Not that I don't believe y'all, but I think I'd better watch it again to confirm.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by luciknight View Post
    One thing I will never understand why he performed a short version of PEF... when this song is already kinda short.
    1 min longer and they couldn't release the DVD?

I can understand Lyin' Eyes cos it was "mixed" with TIE, but PEF was all by itself...
    Yes it was definitely a shorter version - The first and last verses but the middle verse and the bridge left out. I imagine he was on a strict time management plan to get the most into the DVD.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP