Thread: Original VS remastered Hotel California tracks

Default Original VS remastered Hotel California tracks

After listening to both the remastered and the original tracks I’ve not really noticed a difference. Has anyone noticed a general difference or a difference on a particular song? I’d like to know if others have

Default Re: Original VS remastered Hotel California tracks

To me nothing beats my original HC vinyl copy, but I'm a vinyl nerd.

The reason I love the remastered so much is the live tracks which I never had heard before. I listen to them all. the. time. That plus the other things with it made it worth the while. But when I want to immerse in the studio record, it's vinyl and not only vinyl but an original 70s vinyl. To me that's the best version.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

When they remaster these old albums, do they make them louder where the dynamic range isn't as good? Or have they stopped doing that?

I've noticed in my Talking Heads compilation CD from 2004, "And She Was" sounds different than my 1985 Little Creatures CD version of the song. I hear more stuff on the latter.

In my case, I can notice a difference if the original CD mastering job was poor (like in the case of Fleetwood Mac's Mirage initial CD release) but since most of the time they did a good job, the difference is not noticeable on my pedestrian equipment.

The DVD-A and Blu-Rays are another matter.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten