Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

Default Re: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

Finally decided to watch this again today. The first time I watched it, which was last August, I was so overwhelmed by it that I cried afterwards. Because of the great concert footage, all the emotions and conflict of the band over the years, them speaking of Joe's struggle with drugs and alcohol and sobriety, and of course because I had seen this after Glenn's passing. So I had told myself that I was going to eventually watch it again. I figured today is a good a time as any. And once again, it brought me to tears. It really is one of the best music documentaries that I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Elle81; 02-07-2021 at 07:06 PM.

It really is a fantastic documentary. I haven’t rewatched it recently but I’m thinking about doing it now. Still, like you, I get pretty emotional.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes I tend to default to 'Farewell 1' but HOTE is magnificent too. I must watch it again as well. Anyone on for a watch party?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    Finally decided to watch this again today. The first time I watched it, which was last August, I was so overwhelmed by it that I cried afterwards. Because of the great concert footage, all the emotions and conflict of the band over the years, them speaking of Joe's struggle with drugs and alcohol and sobriety, and of course because I had seen this after Glenn's passing. So I had told myself that I was going to eventually watch it again. I figured today is a good a time as any. And once again, it brought me to tears. It really is one of the best music documentaries that I have ever seen.
    I remember watching it the evening after Glenn died because as I said at the time I had to see him alive once more before I could even begin to process that he was gone.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Aww, GA. You're going to make me cry. 5 years later and it's still hard for me to process it.

I re-watched it for two reasons.#1 like I said, it is a well put together documentary. and #2, I had thought that this had a clip of Don H. talking about Joe's struggle with addiction and he got so emotional that he had to step out of the camera's view for a second. And in HOTE, it's Felder who does that, when he's talking about being fired (I believe).
    However, I know for certain that I saw an interview with the band and it was Henley that got choked up when he was talking about Joe. Now after watching it again, I know it had to have been some random tv interview.

What more can be said? Fantastic job love HOTE.