Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

Default Re: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

My only regret is as awesome as the HOTE tour was -- I believe it was too long.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    My only regret is as awesome as the HOTE tour was -- I believe it was too long.
    When you say this do you mean you wish the band had started a new tour? Or had started a new “project” of sorts instead of spending so much time on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    When you say this do you mean you wish the band had started a new tour? Or had started a new “project” of sorts instead of spending so much time on the road?
    Glenn was so tired at the end, if the tour was shorter, maybe he could have rested up sooner. Just my thoughts

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don't want to speak for Dawn but I think she means the tour took a lot out of Glenn that last year. Both Bob and Don talked about how exhausted he was when it ended in July 2015. Perhaps if they had ended it six months early he would not have gotten sick and been stronger physically to withstand any illness.

That being said, I love this movie ! I have watched it so many times. Thank God they had the foresight to make this when they did and everyone was in good health.

I remember the show airing on CNN not long after Glenn died. But I didn’t watch the whole thing until several months later. Somehow I missed it during the first run but then we didn’t (and still don’t) have Showtime.

It was so fascinating, esp. part 1! I don’t know of many bands with such an intriguing history and interesting set of characters. I’m so glad there is some video documentation of the band’s heyday and that viewers were reminded (or informed) that there were 2 crucial members named Bernie and Randy, and Don Felder too, though with the lawsuit, book and all, he probably wasn’t as forgotten up to that point.

At the same time, it’s kind of sad. 5 years doesn’t seem that long and yet so much has happened.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Love that documentary! I'm so glad it's still on Netflix. I'll probably buy it when they rotate it out of their roster.

Border Rebel

It is a great documentary. I happened to catch most of it on Showtime, then I recorded it from CNN. It took a couple of times to get it though. CNN was broadcasting it shortly after Glenn's passing. I set it to record that night, but then there was the blizzard on the east coast that night and CNN covered that instead. It was broadcast the following night and I finally got it!

I too, have watched it many times. I have to admit there are parts that I fast forward through now that I've seen it so much. And I watch Part 1 much more than Part 2. Part 1 is my personal History of the Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I don't want to speak for Dawn but I think she means the tour took a lot out of Glenn that last year. Both Bob and Don talked about how exhausted he was when it ended in July 2015. Perhaps if they had ended it six months early he would not have gotten sick and been stronger physically to withstand any illness.
    This makes me sad...

I really can't say enough about HOTE. I've seen a lot of documentaries about rock bands and this is the best by far. Not just for the story of the band, but Part 1 is an excellent look at the music of the time and really brings the 70s to you (I was born in the 80s, so this is as close as I'll get, lol). Every time I watch it, I'm riveted like it's the first time.

In some ways HOTE was life-changing for me. Not only did I become a huge Eagles fan, but I've also become a fan of Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt, artists who I barely knew existed before. All of the wonderful music I've come to know in the 2 years since I first saw this has truly enriched my life.

Happy 6th Birthday to the HOTE documentary.

Thanks to this documentary, I came out of the closet with liking the Eagles and rediscovered them. I've been a fan ever since.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Love HOTE! A great anniversary for you, Shun!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."