Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

Default Re: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

HOTE is definitely an awesome documentary. As far as rock docs go, it's got to be my favorite. It was very well executed and no one was left out or wasn't welcome to tell their side of the story. I really like that.

Glenn was a great storyteller and while I enjoyed all segments, I really liked hearing him tell what happened (especially when it was positive or about the early days, although I'm glad he didn't censor himself from talking about the more stressful, non fun stuff) and I thought he did so with a lot of charisma. I also thought DH came across pretty well in this doc. I'm not always a fan of his personality, but he really seemed to smile or be fairly laid back in the bits they featured of him, especially about the early days. I really thought everyone came across pretty levelheaded, although I do think the Felder firing part was more dramatic.

This weekend is going to be pretty busy, but my goal is to sit down and watch at least the documentary part next weekend. It's been at least a year if not pushing 2 since I've seen it. I watched Farewell 1 on the plane ride to Florida, and Hell Freezes Over flying back, so I'm caught up on those anyway. But I need to have some time to really watch the documentary again. I've picked up on things I had missed when it aired.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I have also watched the "HOTE" DVD many times and I'm glad that none of the band members (former or at-that-time current) were overlooked/ignored. I felt bad for Felder because he still seems to miss being in the band (and I don't blame him one bit). I still don't think that Glenn & Don should have gone as far as firing him from the band....but, what's in the past is in the past and there ain't nothin' that can be done about it. Plus, that's a subject for a different thread.

(The comments about Felder are strictly because I've always been a Felder fan and always will be).

I think that Timothy's comment to the film crew about him washing the dishes before they got there to film was hilarious!!!

I also never knew that Irving Azoff was/is SO stinkin' short (height-wise)!!

I also wish that the band would have given us the complete Capitol Centre performance on that third DVD with as much behind-the-scenes/before show stuff!! I love seeing the "behind-the-scenes" going ons with a band or artist.....that's one reason that "Elvis On Tour" & "Elvis: That's The Way It Is" are my top two favorite films Elvis-wise.

Happy birthday to the HOTE! Definitely worth revisiting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It's been a while since I watched it and need to do that again! Loved it so much, but wish there was more to it as some of you have said.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Happy 7th Birthday to the History of the Eagles documentary.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

One of my colleagues actually apparently saw this on TV the other day. He came up to me and said "I saw this show and they were talking about the Eagles. Made me think of you. I know what a big fan you are." He started describing what he had seen, and I realized he was talking about HotE. It's always nice to hear people talk about the Eagles! The only problem was that he kept getting Glenn and Don mixed up. Sigh.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    One of my colleagues actually apparently saw this on TV the other day. He came up to me and said "I saw this show and they were talking about the Eagles. Made me think of you. I know what a big fan you are." He started describing what he had seen, and I realized he was talking about HotE. It's always nice to hear people talk about the Eagles! The only problem was that he kept getting Glenn and Don mixed up. Sigh.
    Wow - 7 years ! I remember being so excited about it when it came out.
    Silly Guy - Confusing Glenn with Don. I wonder what channel/station HOTE was on ? I did not see it listed otherwise I would have watched it even though I have the dvd.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY HOTE!!!

Of course, this is the anniversary of the TV airing of the documentary. The DVD was not released until April 30th of 2013. I'll never forget the excitement of watching the this. I didn't have Showtime then, so I invited myself to organize a two-night family viewing party at my sister's house.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

A lil late but HOTE happy anniversary! Just watched this week prior to concert and obviously a great watch. I feel bad for Felder as well so wish it turned out another way, would love to see them together again.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, seven years already!

I was so excited and also our sweet Soda drove several hours to watch with me! I couldn't believe it! Fun times!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten