Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we talk about Don’s... “incident...” in 1980?

Default Re: Can we talk about Don’s... “incident...” in 1980?

Hi guys,

Well... guess who completely forgot about this thread until now lol.

To those saying that I shouldn’t believe everything I read, I’m well aware. I didn’t say this was fact, nor did I take it as fact.

I will say, however... they broke the story about Boyd Tinsley months ago... and it just came out.

We shall see!

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by hellhathfrozenover View Post
    Hi all,

Long-time reader, first-time poster!

I’m 25, and had always heard rumblings about Don Henley and an underage girl who overdosed. I’d always assumed he had a party and someone had her over because that’s what I’d heard.

Well, I recently bought tickets to their AT&T Park show in September and I’ve been listening to them a lot again. (I actually joined the forum to reminisce about the HFO record, but never got around to it.) The underage prostitute incident came up on Don’s wikipedia page and I decided to do some investigating.

It’s not looking like there was a party. It looks like it was just him and an underaged prostitute.

Honestly, I don’t know what I should do with my tickets. I love The Eags, as David Spade calls them, but I can’t go to a concert where a(n alleged) pederast is on stage.

What are your guys’ thoughts on this whole thing? Am I missing a part of the story? What do we do with Don in the era of #metoo?

I don’t wanna give up the Eags

it's overestimated. So really what happened was Don just had a prostitute who he paid for sex. And he did not give her drugs, but of course there was alcohol at the party so no one really stopped her. And this was 38 years ago, in 1980. Henley went sober sometime between 1980 and 1994. So Henley is not an assaulter. And he doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    History of California Age of Consent:

The age of consent, at the time applying only when the girl is the younger party, was 10 when California introduced its penal code in 1850. In 1889 the age of consent was raised to 14. In 1897 the age of consent became 16. The age of consent in California has been 18 since 1913. Some media sources reported that the age of consent in California in the 1970s was 14 or 16 but in fact it was and has been 18.[29]

In the 1990s Governor of California Pete Wilson stated that there was a trend of men in their mid-to-late 20s having sex with and impregnating teenage girls around 14 years of age and that the statutory rape laws needed to be enforced to prevent this.[33]

In 2012 Kristin Olsen, a Republican member of the State Assembly of California, sponsored a bill that criminalizes sexual relations between K-12 teachers and students, including students over 18, as well as sexual text messages and other communications aimed at seducing a student. The bill was proposed after a 41-year-old teacher and 18-year-old high school student publicly announced that they were in a relationship.[34] The bill was killed in committee by Democratic lawmakers concerned about the constitutionality of the proposed legislation.[35]

By 2014 there had been civil court rulings in California stating that minors under 18 may consent to sexual activity, even though the age of consent is 18 under state criminal law.[36]

---------

Good Lord, 10. That makes me seriously sick to my stomach.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages..._United_States

Well this girl gave consent to Henley to do this. or rather sold consent (she was a prostitute so Henley paid her for it)

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Can we talk about Don’s... “incident...” in 1980?

Hi all,

Long-time reader, first-time poster!

I’m 25, and had always heard rumblings about Don Henley and an underage girl who overdosed. I’d always assumed he had a party and someone had her over because that’s what I’d heard.

Well, I recently bought tickets to their AT&T Park show in September and I’ve been listening to them a lot again. (I actually joined the forum to reminisce about the HFO record, but never got around to it.) The underage prostitute incident came up on Don’s wikipedia page and I decided to do some investigating.

It’s not looking like there was a party. It looks like it was just him and an underaged prostitute.

Honestly, I don’t know what I should do with my tickets. I love The Eags, as David Spade calls them, but I can’t go to a concert where a(n alleged) pederast is on stage.

What are your guys’ thoughts on this whole thing? Am I missing a part of the story? What do we do with Don in the era of #metoo?

I don’t wanna give up the Eags
    I LOVE Eagles music. There is absolutely no doubt they are one of the most talented bands ever. I have problems with their morals and was disturbed with the story about Don Henly & the drugged prostitute. I do think one fact in his favor is that he did call paramedics to help the young prostitute. Certainly the entire band is has no morals as to sex....but then this is a common story with all these bands. I chose to enjoy the music and do not idolize them nor judge their morals. If Don was not at least honest, he would have moved the prostitute out of his house and staged a scene somewhere else and then called paramedics. In the end, he did the right thing and took responsibility for it.

Stuck on the Border

Hi guys,

Well... guess who completely forgot about this thread until now lol.

To those saying that I shouldn’t believe everything I read, I’m well aware. I didn’t say this was fact, nor did I take it as fact.

I will say, however... they broke the story about Boyd Tinsley months ago... and it just came out.

We shall see!
    This story is old, old news. As a long time Eagles fan from the 70's, I can tell you this was all over in the news in 1980. After the Eagles broke up in Oct. 1080, Don had a party at his house for all the Eagles road crew. Prostitutes were called and and the girl who OD'd was underage. Don stated then he did not supply to girl with drugs and did not know she was under age. He also stated he did not have sex with her. He took the fall for whoever was involved in the road crew. He was charged, sentenced and placed on two years probation. Don gave up his heavy drinking in the 90's. That was 39 years ago. He has been married for 24 years and has three kids. He has not lived that lifestyle in many. many years. Just enjoy their music and go enjoy the concert - I am sure you paid a pretty penny for the tickets.

One thing the revival of this thread reminded me of - remember that blind item a while back that said Don would be spending Thanksgiving 2018 in jail because of previously unseen evidence that would reveal all sorts of additional terrible things he did in 1980?

Oops! Guess what didn't happen?

Surprise, surprise - turns out it was all bull$**t.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I remembered that. I knew it was not true. The woman was just talking up her azz. The "Me Too" movement kinda has died down.

The anniversary is coming up on Thursday.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley