Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - The thing is we're all guilty of playing right into Arlee's hands. As long as we keep responding to her posts, we are giving her exactly what she is looking for. She has absolutely no interest in contributing positively to this board. All of her posts are intentionally designed with derogatory or otherwise inflammatory comments about sensitive topics to bait users into confrontations. That, my friends, is the classic definition of trolling. The personal attacks, trolling, and ignoring warnings of moderators are all violations of our Terms of Service, which she just blatantly disregards.

Quite honestly, the last several pages of this thread are an embarrassment to the board as far as I'm concerned - that is simply my opinion. All I have left to say is that the only way to stop this is at this point is for all of us to do just that - we all must stop responding to her. I suggest that we all let her talk to herself and if she continues, let the admin/mods deal with it.
    You've said this about me before. I told you then that I had no idea what brought that about. I asked for examples.

You're using the same words, and again I ask for examples.

As with before, the words you use are harsh and insulting.

I want people playing into my hands? What do you mean by that and what did I say to show that or to show that is "exactly what [I'm] looking for"?

Please give examples where I have been "derogatory" or "inflammatory."

I acknowledge that I once said something flippant and stupid. I apologized a few times for it. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're referring to.

When I brought up the possibility of contracts, that wasn't meant to start a fight. I thought it was a good possibility that could be discussed. I didn't know if this was something that anyone knew anything about or thought of before.

I once again respectfully ask for examples.
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-17-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Is the upcoming European tour the last one for the Eagles?

https://kbgo.iheart.com/featured/big...xxtcSV7UpcdaA8

Uh-huh. The "Classic" concerts "could be their last shows". Their North American tour was only going to be a few dates, and "could be their last". Now their world tour dates "could be their last"....just like their Grammy performance was "probably the last". I think everyone realizes that they are in their 70's, and any performance (or day) could be their last. But it seems barring something tragic, (or maybe even then, considering the past) --their European shows ...probably won't be their last.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 05-18-2019 at 12:34 AM.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

"This could be our last" is good for the ticket sales. I read it as "This could be our last. (But of course it won't be.)"

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    "This could be our last" is good for the ticket sales. I read it as "This could be our last. (But of course it won't be.)"
    And that's exactly the right way to read it.

I'd love for them to be done. But as long as they keep that cash cow on life support, I don't see that happening. People need to stop paying for watered down, mediocre Eagles-lite shows and encouraging this.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I just posted it. Didn't say I believed it.

Plus, there's always the "Vegas residency" gig. That seems to be a popular venue now-a-days.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And thank you for posting it, CA. Honestly, I hope and pray for the day that the band really does hang it up for good. However, I definitely don't get my hopes up too high. There is the old saying, "I'll believe it when I see it.". However, I'm not even sure that is true. As they so frequently remind us, they always 'reserve the right to change their mind'. C'mon guys - it's time ... no, actually, it's past time! Your time was up in 2016!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It COULD be.

I doubt it WILL be.

This part of Don's statement is the absolute truth: "There will come a time, no matter what your heart and mind wants, when your body says you’ve got to stop."

That's when it will end: when he is physically incapable of touring. And right now, he looks like he could do it a few more years. It's very possible that they might not go to back to Europe if shows there are not as lucrative as domestic shows or a Vegas residency, though.

This is an interesting comment: "I need to work. So in spite of all the pain and physical punishment, we do it because it keeps us alive. You get the blood flow. You get the energy from the crowd. And at the end, when the people are standing and cheering, that’s when the sense of wonder and gratitude flows."

That rings truer to me than "We're doing it for the fans" or "it keeps the music alive" or the other BS justifications proffered for the continued touring.

Of course, he could get all that doing Don Henley solo shows or playing with the same guys under another name, but then there wouldn't be as much money involved!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It COULD be.

I doubt it WILL be.

This part of Don's statement is the absolute truth: "There will come a time, no matter what your heart and mind wants, when your body says you’ve got to stop."

That's when it will end: when he is physically incapable of touring. And right now, he looks like he could do it a few more years. It's very possible that they might not go to back to Europe if shows there are not as lucrative as domestic shows or a Vegas residency, though.

This is an interesting comment: "I need to work. So in spite of all the pain and physical punishment, we do it because it keeps us alive. You get the blood flow. You get the energy from the crowd. And at the end, when the people are standing and cheering, that’s when the sense of wonder and gratitude flows."

That rings truer to me than "We're doing it for the fans" or "it keeps the music alive" or the other BS justifications proffered for the continued touring.

Of course, he could get all that doing Don Henley solo shows or playing with the same guys under another name, but then there wouldn't be as much money involved!
    My thoughts exactly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It COULD be.

I doubt it WILL be.

Amen.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016