Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Banned

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

And there we go again. Common sense and rationality is deemed as ranting, but endless amounts of hate (let's call it what it is) aimed at the namesake of this very website is somehow level-headed. Like I said, I'll be the bad guy. It's fine. I'm clearly totally unhinged here. Let me rein it in with some wild theory like why did Don add a string section? Glenn never would have done that. Discuss.

Banned

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It is not 'misinformation'. We were talking about two different things. You said you were talking about Henley thanking the crew. I was talking about this:

“We brought 14 semi-tractor-trailer trucks full of stuff, four backup musicians, five string players, five horn players, four security guys, 82 crew members …. and one accountant,” he said.

That is not 'thanking 'the crew. That is listing them. I have not seen any comment about Henley talking about the 'real work' as you call it. You just shoehorned that in there out of nowhere so that you would not have to deal with what I actually was talking about.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. This side is so adverse to facts and truth that "I have not seen any comment..." is somehow taken as reliable while "Hey, I was THERE and actually heard what he said, with context" is somehow discredited. While it may not technically be a lie by intention, presenting an argument while dismissing facts, eyewitness accounts and accuracy is dishonest. Period.

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    And there we go again. Common sense and rationality is deemed as ranting, but endless amounts of hate (let's call it what it is) aimed at the namesake of this very website is somehow level-headed. Like I said, I'll be the bad guy. It's fine. I'm clearly totally unhinged here. Let me rein it in with some wild theory like why did Don add a string section? Glenn never would have done that. Discuss.

I think what makes you seem out of control, EIK, is how angry you seem to be at other posters.

We have lots of people on the board who support Eagles 3.0. We have lots of people on the board who are critical of those who don't support Eagles 3.0.

But you're the only one on the board who seems furious at us.

And yes, it does come off a bit... over the top.

So, I suggest you take a deep breath and step away for a bit.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This side is so adverse to facts and truth that "I have not seen any comment..." is somehow taken as reliable while "Hey, I was THERE and actually heard what he said, with context" is somehow discredited. While it may not technically be a lie by intention, presenting an argument while dismissing facts, eyewitness accounts and accuracy is dishonest. Period.

I am not dismissing your eyewitness account. My point is that you introduced a separate topic from what I was discussing, which presumably Henley ALSO ACTUALLY SAID.

Are you now denying he made the comment I was actually discussing?

Banned

No. Within four seconds of a three-hour show, he did run down the list of people on tour. You got me there.

I am not angry in the slightest. Just baffled.

Border Desperado

Front men like Glenn are a rarity. Don and Glenn's personalities are/were completely different. In my opinion, that is why they wrote such amazing music together. Henley's the only one who really knows why he said what he did.

Banned

Just a few days ago, soda, you said that the Eagles must regret putting Deacon Frey in the band. Even though they clearly LOVE having him out there and that Deacon himself says he is having the time of his life? How is that somehow OK to say, but when I call it ridiculous, which it is, I am angry? I do plenty well at recognizing my emotions. I feel sad for people who make inane comments like that. Of COURSE they don't regret having Deacon in the band. But you just get to say it as if it's fact, and when challenged, well, the other person must be ranting. Reflect on that, please.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Front men like Glenn are a rarity. Don and Glenn's personalities are/were completely different. In my opinion, that is why they wrote such amazing music together. Henley's the only one who really knows why he said what he did.
    There is no "why!" He just said it. Hey, everybody, this is a big tour! OK, now the next song. That's what it is. This isn't a thing.

Just a few days ago, soda, you said that the Eagles must regret putting Deacon Frey in the band. Even though they clearly LOVE having him out there and that Deacon himself says he is having the time of his life? How is that somehow OK to say, but when I call it ridiculous, which it is, I am angry? I do plenty well at recognizing my emotions. I feel sad for people who make inane comments like that. Of COURSE they don't regret having Deacon in the band. But you just get to say it as if it's fact, and when challenged, well, the other person must be ranting. Reflect on that, please.
    Well, maybe if you went back and re-read my post, you will find that I actually did not state it as fact.

Seriously, though, going into that thread and getting worked up is not doing anything but causing you to go off on people. I can't know how you feel, but I can see the results. You're going into attack mode, and that's when it becomes a problem.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I. Am. Not. Worked. Up. Continuing to say it doesn't make it true, contrary to the theme of this message board.

Ok, you didn't state it as fact. Let's have a discussion about it then. If it was a rational thought you should be able to defend it rationally. Why do you believe the Eagles would or should regret adding Deacon to the band? You first.