Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 408086878889909192 LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    To anyone who's interested, the reason I kept coming back to this apology thing was that I didn't see it as much of an apology after the one who offered it said "not because I called people names or was combative or insulting. But because I thought my comment was unnecessary". Because I DID find it combative and insulting. I felt it was more than "unnecessary".

BUT, again I found myself slipping into the sarcastic mode with "I got pulled in"and all that. That kind of thing only makes things worse and doesn't give any long-term satisfaction even for me. On the contrary it makes me feel worse. So I better stop.
    I had disagreed about who got the last word. Period. It was dumb of me. It was unnecessary. It was none of my business. I shouldn't have said it. I apologized.

But I honestly don't see how my opinion about who got the last word can be construed as insulting or combative.

Also, you keep saying you're regretting the things you've said, and that you used insulting language, and yet you don't address me or apologize. I'm ok with that. If you think you don't owe me an apology, that's ok.

I don't hold it against you. I see you being reasonable a lot and you're honest when you feel you've crossed the line. I even thought we were ok there for a bit and I was glad for that.

There are only 2-3 people here that have, in my opinion, in my perception crossed the line in their accusations and insults. With no examples, no acknowledgement, no apologies.
    (I've Always Been a Dreamer reminded me that perception is what counts.)

I've offered olive branches when I felt I was in the wrong, and even when I felt I wasn't. I've tried to explain when I've been misunderstood, I've apologized, I've acknowledged when I was out of line, I've asked for examples.

There's never been any attempt to debate, or to say that I may have point. It's been "Arlee Bad" from the get.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there anymore. It's not doing any good. Thanks again for at least acknowledging your part in it.
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-09-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

I HAVE explained why I don't consider it much of an apology anymore. First was the "I got pulled in", which started to bother me later. Take responsibility for your own words. Then the "not because I was....combative or insulting". It WAS both of those IMO.

I have tried to explain the same thing several times, but apparently it looks like I'm making a new attack every time.

Arlee thinks it was a genuine apology, I don't. Disagreement there. I can live with this disagreement now that I have explained myself. My part in this mess started when I made the suggestion that someone let another person have the last word.
    Wait, I'm confused. Why do you keep coming after me and then say you regret it then do it again? You don't like my apology. I get it. Maybe you thought my post directed to sodascouts was to you?

I just responded to your previous post. Looks like I spoke too soon. I was offering an olive branch again. This time it got smacked down before I could even offer it.

BTW, you continually bring up my comment that I got pulled in. I later acknowledged that I allowed myself to get pulled in. I even bolded it. So I've already taken responsibility. Even before you suggested it
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-09-2019 at 02:18 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I had disagreed about who got the last word. Period. It was dumb of me. It was unnecessary. It was none of my business. I shouldn't have said it. I apologized.

But I honestly don't see how my opinion about who got the last word can be construed as insulting or combative.

Also, you keep saying you're regretting the things you've said, and that you used insulting language, and yet you don't address me or apologize. I'm ok with that. If you think you don't owe me an apology, that's ok.

I don't hold it against you. I see you being reasonable a lot and you're honest when you feel you've crossed the line. I even thought we were ok there for a bit and I was glad for that.

There are only 2-3 people here that have, in my opinion, in my perception crossed the line in their accusations and insults. With no examples, no acknowledgement, no apologies.
    (I've Always Been a Dreamer reminded me that perception is what counts.)

I've offered olive branches when I felt I was in the wrong, and even when I felt I wasn't. I've tried to explain when I've been misunderstood, I've apologized, I've acknowledged when I was out of line, I've asked for examples.

There's never been any attempt to debate, or to say that I may have point. It's been "Arlee Bad" from the get.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there anymore. It's not doing any good. Thanks again for at least acknowledging your part in it.
    You apologized for the "last post" in the last word issue, and your last post at the time was the "nice spin" thing. That post I found insulting and combative.

As for who had had the last word at that point was beside the point, because I was referring to possible future posts.
    Last edited by chaim; 05-09-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Well, for the last five pages or so, I'd say most everyone has felt misunderstood, misrepresented, and generally aggravated. More explanations haven't appeared to be helping either way.

To whomever may agree, how about we burn that bridge and move along? "Sometimes to keep it together, you gotta leave it alone".
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

And Arlee...I apologize for the sarcastic tone in some of my posts. It may happen again, but I try to avoid it.

I don't regret bringing up the issues I have, which I don't see as "coming after you". I regret the sarcastic tone.

Stuck on the Border

Wait, I'm confused. Why do you keep coming after me and then say you regret it then do it again? You don't like my apology. I get it. Maybe you thought my post directed to sodascouts was to you?

I just responded to your previous post. Looks like I spoke too soon. I was offering an olive branch again. This time it got smacked down before I could even offer it.

BTW, you continually bring up my comment that I got pulled in. I later acknowledged that I allowed myself to get pulled in. I even bolded it. So I've already taken responsibility. Even before you suggested it
    Ok, this might be a case of a language barrier. I understand that allowing yourself to get pulled in means that someone tries to pull you in. English isn't my first language, so perhaps I misunderstood that phrase.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Well, for the last five pages or so, I'd say most everyone has felt misunderstood, misrepresented, and generally aggravated. More explanations haven't appeared to be helping either way.

To whomever may agree, how about we burn that bridge and move along? "Sometimes to keep it together, you gotta leave it alone".
    Wise words. This kind of internet bickering is frustrating, because face to face such a minor issue would be settled in a minute, but in the internet it becomes this huge battle that goes on for weeks. People don't necessarily visit the forum everyday, so a minor thing seems even more major when we see after several days what the other one has written and respond to that.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post

Thank you. And OMG using that quote is perfection.

Out on the Border

Ok, this might be a case of a language barrier. I understand that allowing yourself to get pulled in means that someone tries to pull you in. English isn't my first language, so perhaps I misunderstood that phrase.

And Arlee...I apologize for the sarcastic tone in some of my posts. It may happen again, but I try to avoid it.

I don't regret bringing up the issues I have, which I don't see as "coming after you". I regret the sarcastic tone.

Thank you. I said "coming after me" because you seemed to have a lot of posts where you kept bringing up the apology, even after I explained then left it alone and then even posted what I thought of as an "olive branch." I kept thinking we were done with it. I'm just explaining why I used that phrase that you mentioned.

But I don't think it would do any of us any good for me to "explain" and stand up for "the apology" anymore.

So again, thanks for those last couple posts. It's appreciated. I hope we really are ok now.
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-09-2019 at 05:39 AM.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I didn't just say it. I SHOWED it.

Sorry, Arlee. The proof is there in black and white. No blustering your way out of this one.

No blustering my way out of this one? Very nice.

BTW, your edits are misleading. It's very clear what you and I and Walsh were talking about. But I'd never call you unethical like you did me. That's a personal attack that I wouldn't do.

Has it occurred to anyone that if Glenn were truly against this, he would have made legal arrangements that would stop it?
    …...Glenn most likely would've made legal provisions regarding whether or not the band would or could continue.
    ….. it's almost certain there were legal directions in place regarding what would and wouldn't happen to the Eagles entity after he was gone…..
    PS I'm not trying to convince anyone about anything. I just hadn't thought of the legalities & the will before…..
    I would think there would be contracts and agreements and maybe negotiations involved. But no, I don't know for sure how it went.
    … I don't know for sure, and it seems to me unlikely that nothing would be in the will about the Eagles. I've used words like "probably" and "likely" and "I think" several times. I also said "I'm not going to argue or pretend I know for sure what Glenn wanted."

I think this makes it clear. You never acknowledged this was possible. And you knew it was.

Yes I used the word “will” sometimes. But I also said “contracts” and “legalities” and “agreements” and “legal provisions.”

I'm flummoxed and honestly don't know why you didn't want to acknowledge what I suggested was in fact very common. And then on top of that you turned it around suggesting I'm unethical.

I was honestly trying to show what was said before.[.... ] just trying to show this:

I made a suggestion.
    Some thought what I suggested wouldn't happen, even never happened.
    I found information that it has happened.

[....]

And I have no idea why you're finding fault with me for referring to a post from 3/30. It really looks like you're reaching to find fault with everything I do or say.

I didn't look at dates and even if I did it wouldn't occur to me we aren't supposed to respond to posts over a month old.

So what exactly is the cut-off for responses to a post? 30 days?