Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
The better option, if you want to experience Don Henley singing Don Henley-lead vocal Eagles songs, Timothy B. Schmit singing Tim-lead vocal Eagles songs, and Joe Wals singing Joe-lead Eagles and solo songs, is to go see this lineup of the Eagles when they go on tour next month. Right? I think it’s so disrespectful to these guys to insinuate that a tribute band is comparable or an option.
Agreed. It's one thing to say they're not the same without Glenn, and quite another to say that a tribute band would be better than 3 Eagles plus other talented musicians.

But we've debated all this endlessly. I thought we weren't going to rain on other people's excitement over the new lineup. It's disappointing to see how many of the responses (including the first one) are pretty much just insulting Eagles 3.0.

To address the original topic, I'm surprised they've booked so many shows, especially when some of their voices seemed a little worn after a not-nearly-as-busy schedule last year, even when counting solo shows. I guess time will tell how well their voices hold up.