Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There didn't seem to be a huge legal ordeal for the family and band to come together and to keep going. I think that says a lot.
    We don't know what went on behind closed doors. I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have never heard of any rock star ever putting something like that in his/her will. Have you?
    Definitely not.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    We don't know what went on behind closed doors. I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out.
    That's why I said "there didn't seem to be." I didn't rule out that there may have been some problems. Even so, they obviously worked them out.

I would think there would be contracts and agreements and maybe negotiations involved. But no, I don't know for sure how it went.
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-12-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Out on the Border

I have never heard of any rock star ever putting something like that in his/her will. Have you?

Definitely not.

Oh come on. I'm not going to argue or pretend I know for sure what Glenn wanted, but I think we could at least agree on this point.

We all know the Eagles was and is a business. We the public have gotten a couple little peeks where legal business dealings happened in the band.

The business was and is going to keep making money whether the band continued or not.

Henley and Glenn were both smart enough to know all this. We know the Eagles meant everything to them. They have both invested a lot into the Eagles and have been legally burned.

All bands are businesses. So of course some of them would be dealt with in a will. Look how many members end up suing each other otherwise. As I mentioned, Steely Dan is a prime example.

I was just wondering if this had been pondered here before. It sounds like it hadn't been.
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-12-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Oh come on. I'm not going to argue or pretend I know for sure what Glenn wanted, but I think we could at least agree on this point.

We all know the Eagles was and is a business. We the public have gotten a couple little peeks where legal business dealings happened in the band.

The business was and is going to keep making money whether the band continued or not.

Henley and Glenn were both smart enough to know all this. We know the Eagles meant everything to them. They have both invested a lot into the Eagles and have been legally burned.

All bands are businesses. So of course some of them would be dealt with in a will. Look how many members end up suing each other otherwise. As I mentioned, Steely Dan is a prime example.

I was just wondering if this had been pondered here before. It sounds like it hadn't been.
    No, I don't think it's been suggested that he would try to control what happened with his band via his will before... because I don't think anyone has EVER tried to do that before (that I'm aware of).

So saying OF COURSE he would have, when NO ONE ever has, is quite a leap.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

No, I don't think it's been suggested that he would try to control what happened with his band via his will before... because I don't think anyone has EVER tried to do that before (that I'm aware of).

I've made it very clear that I don't know for sure, and it seems to me unlikely that nothing would be in the will about the Eagles. I've used words like "probably" and "likely" and "I think" several times. I also said "I'm not going to argue or pretend I know for sure what Glenn wanted."

It was clear enough that there was no need for me to put it in every sentence.

I think we're getting off track but that's nothing new.

No one ever has? The Eagles is a business that has legally been fought for and fought about for decades. It continues to make money. So it seems unlikely he wouldn't put anything about it in his will.

Before I brought this up, people were adamant that Glenn held the Eagles firmly in his heart and tight enough in his fist that he was willing to sue if they took off without him.

It was very clear what my point was. I didn't bring this up so it can be turned into another petty argument over wording but that's where it went.

Edited to add: I just remembered that according to reports, Glenn left everything to his wife and she's the executor. I think that might include his earnings and future earnings, his part, his wishes for his share or his stake, etc regarding the band (despite the idea expressed here that no such thing would be mentioned in a will.)
    Last edited by Arlee; 04-12-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Agreed. I think there is some grasping for straws at this point in trying to justify them moving on without Glenn.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Out on the Border

Agreed. I think there is some grasping for straws at this point in trying to justify them moving on without Glenn.

No. That has nothing to do with what I said. No.

I kept trying stick to the actual topic --- one that I thought was fairly innocuous. But no, you guys can't have that. You have to deflect with false accusations.

Suggesting that he may have put something in his will regarding the Eagles is a fair, legitimate, realistic thought and idea, one that I couldn't possibly see as being controversial, and you guys couldn't even handle that.

Deflect away. Continue to be disingenuous. Keep turning legitimate questions and ideas into a fight. As I've said before, I'm not going to get pulled down into the mud.

Congratulations! You've once again successfully chased away another idea and opinion you didn't like!

No. That has nothing to do with what I said. No.

I kept trying stick to the actual topic --- one that I thought was fairly innocuous. But no, you guys can't have that. You have to deflect with false accusations.

Suggesting that he may have put something in his will regarding the Eagles is a fair, legitimate, realistic thought and idea, one that I couldn't possibly see as being controversial, and you guys couldn't even handle that.

Deflect away. Continue to be disingenuous. Keep turning legitimate questions and ideas into a fight. As I've said before, I'm not going to get pulled down into the mud.

Congratulations! You've once again successfully chased away another idea and opinion you didn't like!
    You keep saying that is not what you said or that we are misunderstanding you, but I don't see how that is the case. It's pretty clear what you are writing here.

The only "actual topic" here is discussing the Eagles moving forward without Glenn. Us saying that we've never heard of something like that going into a will is not off topic, nor is disagreeing or having a problem with your post, Arlee or saying that IMO it's grasping for straws to justify 3.0. We aren't fighting. I personally have never heard of something like that going into a rockstar's will. Ever. And I feel that is perfectly fine to say. And I think Soda's post was spot on about it.

And as far as the last sentence - please do us all a favor and save the drama for your mama!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Out on the Border

You keep saying that is not what you said or that we are misunderstanding you, but I don't see how that is the case. It's pretty clear what you are writing here.

The only "actual topic" here is discussing the Eagles moving forward without Glenn. Us saying that we've never heard of something like that going into a will is not off topic, nor is disagreeing or having a problem with your post, Arlee or saying that IMO it's grasping for straws to justify 3.0. We aren't fighting. I personally have never heard of something like that going into a rockstar's will. Ever. And I feel that is perfectly fine to say. And I think Soda's post was spot on about it.

And as far as the last sentence - please do us all a favor and save the drama for your mama!

I point out that you deflect and chase away opinions you don't like, and your response is that I'm being dramatic. Oh the irony.

And no, apparently it is not clear to you what I'm writing. But I'm done explaining myself.