Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Border Rebel

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I just went back and reread the last several pages of this thread, and was overcome by emotion. Yes - I was literally moved to tears.

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughtful, sincere, and respectful comments. It just reinforces for me what I already knew - this type of heartfelt communication is so much more powerful and persuasive in gaining understanding of others viewpoints than finger-pointing and confrontation.

WELL DONE BORDERERS!!!
    Agreed! I've been able to read the last few pages, and not feel like I want to tear my hair out. LOL. Also, I definitely have a little more compassion for the other side. Yes, we disagree about the band continuing, but we're all united in loving the band, so hopefully that will give us enough common ground to keep things civil, and continue to be a little more tolerant of each others' views!

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Obviously Deacon responded positively eventually at any rate, and I daresay they have made this venture very much worth his while. However, regarding Don's contradictory statements: I'm afraid Don has proven in this past year that he is fully prepared to dissemble about his plans for continuing the "Eagles" in interviews. It's very possible that what changed was simply the amount of money he was offered for the "Eagles" to headline the Classic East/West concerts. Certainly, his change of heart came at precisely the right time for them to fill that slot. One cannot know, but unfortunately, I have ceased to regard Don's word as trustworthy.
    You are not alone. I also do not regard Don Henley as trustworthy.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

I've just seen a picture of a young man playing guitar on stage and I assume that's Will Henley. However, I didn't see him the wider shots, so possibly he only played on a few songs. Deacon looks like he's settled into the rock-star image and looks rather fabulous.

Also, a few different songs on the setlist. How Long, Ol'55 and one of Vince Gill's songs.

Wait, so Vince Gill actually did one of his own songs? What's next? A duet with a female country western singer nah ... they wouldn't.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Wait, so Vince Gill actually did one of his own songs? What's next? A duet with a female country western singer nah ... they wouldn't.
    To me this is an indication that Vince is being treated more like a band member than a sideman. The other band members get to sing solo songs. Except for Tim for some unknown reason. (I'd really like to hear Tim do a song from Leap of Faith.) Look at all of Joe's solo songs. Both Glenn and Don H have sung solo songs at Eagles concerts in the past. I can't see anything wrong with Vince being given the opportunity to sing a solo song.

Nor can I see anything wrong with a duet with a female guest singer particularly if it's someone very talented and with a distinctive voice such as Shawn Colvin. I'd particularly enjoy it if instead of just singing a random hit, they re-interpreted an Eagles song as a duet.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Do want to point out too that Vince's new song was written about an scary experience he had as a child that also relates to the "Me Too" movement so some of it is promotion for that as it's looking to be his next solo song.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Personally, I would not be surprised to see more Vince Gill in the spotlight doing his own songs and arrangements as well as more "family members" climbing on board the mother ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    To me this is an indication that Vince is being treated more like a band member than a sideman. The other band members get to sing solo songs. Except for Tim for some unknown reason. (I'd really like to hear Tim do a song from Leap of Faith.) Look at all of Joe's solo songs. Both Glenn and Don H have sung solo songs at Eagles concerts in the past. I can't see anything wrong with Vince being given the opportunity to sing a solo song.

Nor can I see anything wrong with a duet with a female guest singer particularly if it's someone very talented and with a distinctive voice such as Shawn Colvin. I'd particularly enjoy it if instead of just singing a random hit, they re-interpreted an Eagles song as a duet.
    The brand needs repackaging. Poor Deacon is carrying alot of weight on his shoulders.

Stuck on the Border

Vince Gill singing his song(s) in a Eagles concert is something I don't get, but luckily I don't have to.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    The brand needs repackaging. Poor Deacon is carrying alot of weight on his shoulders.
    I think 'the brand' is being handled in good way, given the sad loss of Glenn.

Deacon is carrying a fair amount of weight on his shoulders. But, it seems, doing a good job of it.

I notice the huge cheers when Deacon and Vince are introduced.