Hi Arlee and welcome to The Border. Let me start by saying that one thing many of us here share is that we are emotionally attached to this band. For me, personally, they have been my favorite band since the first time I heard Take It Easy on the radio back in the summer of '72. And this is why most all fans feel strongly about the band continuing to perform as the Eagles, no matter what side of the issue you are on. The issue was bound to be controversial from the moment the Classic East and West shows were announced, particularly in light of the remarks that every band member and Irving had made insisting that they would not continue following Glenn’s untimely passing. So it very simply boils down to fans who are elated that the band goes on and fans who feel extreme disappointment and betrayal.

As fans, we are consumers of the band’s product, and as band members, they are public figures who are subject to public scrutiny. So, on this public fan forum, we all have a right to express how we feel about this. As we have said repeatedly, we try to be tolerant of all opinions, as long as they are respectful and substantiated. That, of course, doesn’t mean your opinion may not be challenged by other members, and that’s okay too as long as everyone remains polite and tolerant. However, where some cross the line is when they take the focus away from the band’s actions and, instead, attack other members of this board with accusations, insults, and name-calling. No one here has ever expected all of our members to agree about everything, but we do ask that everyone respectfully disagree.

I could address specific comments in your posts, but it would just be repeating everything that has been said many times already, so I won’t bother. If you are interested in all the arguments for and against, it is here for your viewing pleasure. In any event, as others have said, there is also lots of positive, interesting information and discussion on the board, so, hopefully, you can enjoy yourself here.